Should the Church Repent?
- Rock of ages. // America;8/17/1996, Vol. 175 Issue 4, p30
Focuses on the social conditions of the Catholic Church in the light of the scriptural readings for the twenty-first Sunday in the Church's ordinary time. Divisions within the Church; Peter as the Church's foundation.
- The news that didn't fit. Ryan, Jerry // Commonweal;10/21/94, Vol. 121 Issue 18, p6
Comments on the document titled `Reflections on the Great Jubilee of the Year 2000,' prepared by the College of Cardinals. Proposal for the Catholic Church's confession of crimes and errors; Call for an assembly on Mt. Sinai; Suggestion for pan-Christian reunion; Explanations for failure of the...
- A healthy community needs to communicate. R.E.B. // U.S. Catholic;Sep94, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p2
Opinion. Discusses the community aspect of the Catholic Church. Hopes for community in parish life; Parishes as worshipping communities; Pope Paul VI's commission of bishops, priests and married women and men to advise him on the matter of birth-control morality.
- The St. Paul and Minneapolis archdiocese... // National Catholic Reporter;9/3/93, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p7
Reports on the St. Paul and Minneapolis archdiocese distributing disaster relief to flood victims in rural section of counties. Number of counties; Grant amount; Collection raised.
- 500,000 Colombians displaced by terrorism. // National Catholic Reporter;10/28/94, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p7
Reports on the number of Colombians displaced by terrorism from government soldiers, Marxist guerillas and right-wing paramilitaries. Document released by the Catholic Church; Localities with the most refugees.
- Finding what unites the church. DALY, PETER // National Catholic Reporter;11/9/2012, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p21
The article offers the author's view on the unity between conservative and liberal people from the Catholic Church in the U.S.
- READERS' OUTLOOK. Willis, Steve; Mounger, Dwyn; Hall, Marti // Presbyterian Outlook;7/21/2014, Vol. 196 Issue 15, p2
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues such as "Unity in a brackish church" in the June 9, 2014 issue and "What is Connectional?" in the May 26, 2014 issue.
- When will the news leak out that the Catholic Church is no longer `in crisis'? Byfield, Link // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;02/16/98, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p2
Discusses the way the secular news media treats the Catholic Church and related topics. Comments on the crisis in the faith being over; Irrelevance of Catholic dissidents; Changes in the faith since the 1960s.
- Not conforming to the age. Kavanaugh, John F. // America;8/17/1996, Vol. 175 Issue 4, p31
Focuses on the social conditions of the Catholic Church in the light of the scriptural readings for the twenty-second Sunday in the Church's ordinary time. Costs of discipleship; Costs of following Christ.