The Gayest Story Ever Told
- Jesus Christ superstar? Zoglin, Richard; Tynan, William // Time;10/5/1998, Vol. 152 Issue 14, p86
Reviews Terrence McNally's play `Corpus Christi.'
- Corpus delicti. Kimball, Roger // American Spectator;Oct98, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p72
Presents information on Terrence McNally's play `Corpus Christi' which is supposed to be staged in the Manhattan Theater Club in New York City, New York. Reason various religious groups protested the show; Information on the play.
- God Bless This Box Office. // New York;10/26/98, Vol. 31 Issue 41, p13
Mentions some of playwright Terrence McNally's controversial plays. His plays `Lips Together, Teeth Apart' and `Love! Valour! Compassion!'; The scabrous review that some caretakers of the New Testament gave his play `Corpus Christi'; How the show has been a sell out in the Manhattan Theater...
- Donohue Decries McNally Death Threat. Armbrust, Roger // Back Stage;11/05/99, Vol. 40 Issue 44, p2
Focuses on the death threat received by playwright Terrence McNally. Reaction to his drama `Corpus Christi'; Comment from William Donahue, president of the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights; Details on the threat received by other theater companies presenting the drama.
- Controversial play canceled. // Between the Lines (10807551);4/1/2010, Issue 1813, p14
The article reports on the cancellation of Terrence McNally's theatrical production "Corpus Christi" at the Tarleton State University in Texas due to the blasphemous message.
- Hell hath no fury like a Christian scorned. Sklaver, Floyd // Just Out;5/20/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p46
Reports that the Profile Theater Project in Portland, Oregon, is presenting a staged reading of "Corpus Christi," a gay retelling of the Jesus story written by Terrence McNallly. Hate mails, protests and death threats received by the Manhattan Theater Club when it presented the play in 1998.
- Untitled. FIELD, ANTHONY // Gay Times (09506101);Jan2009, Issue 364, p120
The article reviews the play "Corpus Christi," written by Terrance McNally and starring James Brandon, performed at the Greenwich Village in New York City in December 2008.
- THE PERFECT WEEK. Pollock, Katie // Bulletin with Newsweek;01/30/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6259, p90
Presents news items related to arts in Australia as of January 30, 2001. Polemic Productions' version of Terrence McNally's controversial play 'Corpus Christi'; Theater and cabaret star Judi Connelli and Opera Australia soprano Suzanne Johnston's joining of the Chamber Orchestra of Geelong for...
- McNally on the Cross. Brustein, Robert // New Republic;11/30/98, Vol. 219 Issue 22, p34
Reviews the play "Corpus Christi," written by Terrence McNally, directed by Lynne Meadow and Barry Grove, and presented at the Manhattan Theatre Club in New York City.