The Interaction Between Vocabulary Size and Phonotactic Probability Effects on Children's Production Accuracy and Fluency in Nonword Repetition
- TELLING TRUE STORIES. // Scholastic Action (Teacher's Edition);9/22/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p3
Presents a guide to teaching fluency in action.
- Bilingualism 'Changes Lives' in North Korea. // Language Magazine;Sep2015, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p16
The article discusses the increasing interest in foreign-language education in North Korea and discusses the economic benefits of gaining fluency in foreign languages.
- Freedom Writers. Waugh, Rachel // Scholastic Action;1/15/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p4
The article presents an classroom exercise on fluency.
- Fluency in reading--Thirty-five years later. Grabe, William // Reading in a Foreign Language;Apr2010, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p71
Paul Nation's talents and interests extend well beyond vocabulary to include research on speaking, writing, classroom learning and teaching, reading, and fluency. In keeping with Nation's interests in fluency, extensive reading, and reading instruction, I outline current perspectives on reading...
- Inversion as an artifact: The acquisition of topicalization in child L1- and adult L2-Dutch. Jordens, Peter // EUROSLA Yearbook;2006, Vol. 6, p101
Dutch is a so-called verb-second language, i.e. the finite verb typically occurs in second position with one constituent in initial position. The element in initial position is often the subject. However, if it is an adverb or an object, the subject occurs after the finite verb. This...
- From letter names to word reading: The development of reading in kindergarten. Ritchey, Kristen D. // Reading Research Quarterly;Oct-Dec2004, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p374
Examines the development of several sublexical fluency skills over the second semester of kindergarten and identifies the predictors of fluency level and growth. Variation in level and growth for each skill; Ratings of academic competence; Analysis of predictors.
- An artist and educator will soon graduate with fluency. ROWE, DANIEL J. // Eastern Door;4/18/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p13
The article offers views from Kahnawake, Quebec artist and educator Margaret Tekaronhiahkhwa Standup concerning the Kanienkeha Ratiwennahnirats Adult Immersion Program in which she learned her language and gained a greater understanding of her culture.
- Part II -- Fluency: A Missing Piece of the Puzzle? Kiley, Therese J.; Jensen, Rita // Illinois Reading Council Journal;Summer2006, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p62
Discusses research being done on reading fluency. Ways to assess reading fluency; Assessment of the students' word-reading accuracy, reading rate and prosody; Efficacy of fluency instruction; Ways to promote fluency development.
- Media Use, English Proficiencies, and Political Knowledge of New Immigrants in America. Dalisay, Francis // Conference Papers -- National Communication Association;2008, p1
Data were acquired from Princeton University's New Immigrant Survey to analyze the effects of English-language media use on the language proficiencies and political knowledge of 8,753 adult immigrants living in the U.S. Results indicated that use of English-language media in the U.S. predicted...