Bi-State Stadium Tax
- Mets, Jets make poor case for stadiums. Kiernan, John // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/3/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 43, p13A
Comments on the performance of the baseball team New York Mets and the stadium of the football team New York Jets. Expectations of the people on the New York Mets; Performances of the star players of New York Mets; Preference of New York Jets in their stadium.
- New lease would give team break on ballpark payment. Flinchpaugh, Brian // Wentzville Journal;4/3/2013, Vol. 51 Issue 14, pA1
The article reports on the proposed agreement between the River City Rascals baseball team and the city officials of O'Fallon, Missouri which includes a new lease designed to keep the team at T. R. Hughes Ballpark through at least the 2022 season and calls for lower rent and stadium improvements.
- WVC, AppleSox sign three-year lease for baseball field. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Sep2002, Vol. 16 Issue 9, pA5
Indicates that the AppleSox baseball team has signed a lease for the Wenatchee Valley College's Paul Thomas Baseball Stadium in Wenatchee, Washington. Terms of the lease agreement.
- Headlong Charge. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/5/2003, Vol. 347 Issue 31775, p35
Reports on the lawsuit filed by the San Diego Chargers football team against the city of San Diego, California, seeking to trigger a clause in its lease at Qualcomm Stadium that would allow the team to move to another city.
- Calling their bluff. Bishop, Ed // St. Louis Journalism Review;Jun2002, Vol. 32 Issue 247, p16
Focuses on the move of the Saint Louis Cardinals baseball team owners on building a new stadium in Missouri. Use of taxes on building the stadium; Support of press on the blackmail attempts; Feasibility of team moving into the another homebase.
- Missouri County Officials OK Vote on Bi-State Sales Tax. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/8/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31921, p36
Reports on the vote of the Jackson County, Missouri board to put a proposed bi-state Kansas-Missouri sales tax on the November 2 ballot. Effort of county officials to raise money for the renovation of the Kansas City Chiefs and Royals football and baseball stadiums; Approval of Johnson County,...
- Lions and Tigers together? Oh, my! Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;7/15/96, Vol. 12 Issue 29, p30
Reports on a possible dual-use stadium for the Detroit Tigers and Detroit Lions teams. Complication of design; Expected delays to the construction of a stadium for the Tigers in Detroit, Michigan.
- Clock ticks for Tigers, Lions stadium plans. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;8/19/96, Vol. 12 Issue 34, p26
Reports that the Detroit Tigers have 90 days to complete a lease for a new stadium after a Michigan Supreme Court decision cleared the way. Wayne County's plans to coax the Detroit Lions downtown.
- Tigers revise plans for new stadium. // Crain's Detroit Business;06/02/97, Vol. 13 Issue 22, p3
Reports that the Detroit Tigers plan to construct a baseball stadium similar to the one proposed for the Detroit Lions football team. Information on both professional sports teams; Who are likely to receive the construction contractors to build the stadiums for both teams.