Detroit Authority Delays
- Peace talks clinch compromise over
share-out of Supporting People cash. // Community Care;11/11/2004, Issue 1548, p10
Reports on the compromise plan for the redistribution of Supporting People funds in Scotland. Accusation against former Communities Minister Margaret Curran on her strategy in the allocation of Supporting People funds; Rules of the fund redistribution formula; Budget allotted for Supporting...
- Deep concerns of third sector following spending review. // Charities Management;2010, Issue 75, p42
The article reports on the concern of the charities regarding the future of their organization following the government's Comprehensive Spending Review in Great Britain.
- Design experts advise Young Foundation on plans to set up Institute of Healthcare Design. // Design Week;4/22/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p4
The article reports on the advice made by Helen Hamlyn Centre director Jeremy Myerson, Kingston University Professor of Design Hilary Dalke and Sir John Sorrell to The Young Foundation on its plans to establish an institute of Healthcare Design.
- Grants roundup. // Medical Device Daily;3/17/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 51, p5
This article reports on the decision of the General Electric Foundation and the GE Corporate Diversity Council to award grants to four community healthcare centers in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, in 2010.
- Foundation Funds in Aid of Blacks: For a More Thoughtful Distribution. Homan, Nancy L. // Journal of Higher Education;Dec1970, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p695
The article reports on the need for more educational funding for black colleges in the United States. In 1967, the Southern Regional Education Board stated that financial deprivation is the most critical problem faced by traditionally black colleges based on a study they conducted. Only three...
- FINANCE BRIEFS. // Regeneration & Renewal;10/17/2008, p5
The article offers news briefs related to finance in Great Britain. The Welsh Assembly Government announced that approximately Â£9 million of funding given by the European Union (EU) Convergence programme will be used to boost tourism in the Heads of the Valleys region. The Northern Rock...
- Children's service funds should heed rural families. Marcus, Laura // Nursery World;4/10/2008, Vol. 108 Issue 4115, p6
The article reports on the claims of Children in Wales, a Welsh children's charity, that additional resources needed to reach vulnerable families in rural areas should be accounted for in the funding of the British government. The report from Children in Wales examines the issues faced by...
- CIPFA's firm foundation. Hepworth, Noel // Accountancy;May86, Vol. 97 Issue 1113, p18
Focuses on the Public Finance Foundation of the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy in Great Britain. Creation of the foundation in 1984 to promote research on public expenditure and financial topics; Number of members and subscribers; Link with the publication 'Public Money';...
- Strong early interest in communities fund. Plummer, John // Third Sector;8/25/2009, p5
The article discusses 70 million British pounds government funding scheme through the Communitybuilders. According to the author, voluntary organisations express interest in the project which aims to dynamize community coherence wherein successful applicants are required to establish a long-term...