Loudoun County, Va., Breaks Triple-A Barrier With Moody's Upgrade
- Poughkeepsie, N.Y., Downgraded to Baa3 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;1/7/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34039, p1
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has stated that it has downgraded the city of Poughkeepsie, New York's 49.6 million U.S. dollars in outstanding rated debt to Baa3 from Baa2 as of January 2014. It mentions the downgrade in the rating reflects the city's declining financial...
- Moody's: Puerto Rico Now Negative. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;9/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31974, p1
Reports on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s revision of Puerto Rico's general obligation bond rating to negative. Moody's concerns on Puerto Rico's borrowing; Structural imbalance in Puerto Rico's budget for fiscal 2005.
- Moody's May Upgrade Florida GOs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/23/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32016, p1
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. placed Florida's Aa2 general obligation bond rating on its watch list for a possible upgrade. Review of the credit focusing on how the state funds a voter mandate to reduce public's school class sizes, how it deals with increasing health care costs and...
- Moody's Affirms Atlantic City's Deep Junk Rating. // Bondbuyer.com;12/14/2105, p1
Moody's Investors Service affirmed its junk-level Caa1 Atlantic City, N.J. general obligation credit rating and kept a negative outlook late Friday citing uncertainty on whether there will be enough cash to make debt payments.
- MICHIGAN: Genesee Gets Negative. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/6/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33109, p9
The article reports on the rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to the $238 million of outstanding debt of Genesee County, Michigan. The credit rating agency revised its outlook to negative on Genesee County's outstanding debt that is rated A2. According to Moody's, the negative...
- Top-Notch Alexandria. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32013, p33
Reports that the consolidated public improvement general obligation bond issue of Alexandria, Virginia has received a triple-A rating from Standard & Poor's Corp. and Moody's Investors Service. Factors for the high rating, such as economic stability, conservative budgeting and strong debt...
- Up With Newark. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/17/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31721, p31
Reports on the upgrade of Moody's Investors Service Inc. rating on the city of Newark in Ohio. Plan of issuing various-purpose general obligations bonds; Construction of police station and several fire stations; Citation of the ability of the city to turn a deficit into surplus.
- Waynesboro, Va., GOs Cut to A2 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;7/6/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32166, p2
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has assigned an underlying A2 and an enhanced Al rating to Waynesboro, Virginia's $14.4 million of series 2005 genera! obligation public improvement bonds. Reflection of the reduced fund balance; Assessment of the limited tax base benefiting from a...
- Delhi CSD, N.Y., GOs Cut by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;6/30/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31667, p2
Moody's Investors Service said it has assigned a MIG-1 rating to Delhi Central School District, NewYork's $13.4 million bond anticipation notes, 2003 and downgraded the district's underlying rating to Baa2 from Baa1 affecting $25.2 million in outstanding long-term general obligation debt. The...