In Win for Governor, Vermont Legislators Poised to OK Corporate Tax Cut
- Chump Change? Natter, Ari // Traffic World;1/26/2009, Vol. 273 Issue 4, p11
The article reports that lawmakers and lobbyists are disappointed with the amount of transportation infrastructure funding in the U.S. It states that as released by the House Appropriations Committee, the $825 billion package recommends spending about $63 billion on infrastructure within the...
- Why Bother? Friel, Brian // National Journal;6/21/2008, Vol. 40 Issue 24, p16
In this article, the author discusses the move of the U.S. House Appropriations Committee to begin the process of funding the federal government's operations for the 2009 fiscal year. According to the author, members of the committee are ready to approve a number of appropriations bills for the...
- Government finances swing to strong surplus. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;6/22/2001, p4
Reports on the government surplus of Canada in year 2000-2001. Amount of surplus recorded by the provincial and territorial governments in Canada; Deficit rate posted by local governments for the fiscal year ended December 2000; Rate of increase in consolidated government expenditures.
- (BUDGET 2011) After Stall, House Moves Ahead With Some Funding Bills. // Children & Youth Funding Report;7/9/2010, p2
The article reports that the U.S. House Appropriations Committee is considering 12 individual appropriations bills, which will fund discretionary programs for the financial year 2011. The work on bills has been completed by six of the appropriations subcommittees. The House bill restores cuts in...
- House panel approves body camera funding. Shabad, Rebecca // Hill;5/21/2015, Vol. 22 Issue 54, p11
The article reports on a budget bill approved by the U.S. House Appropriations Committee containing funding for a program that would provide law enforcement agencies with body cameras.
- House subcommittee passes D.C. budget without the trimmings. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;07/27/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30443, p5
Reports that the House Appropriations Committee's District of Columbia subcommittee approved a fiscal 1999 budget for the Washington, D.C. Inclusion of no federal funds for management reform or infrastructure improvements; Amount appropriated for designing a subway station entrance to serve a...
- The Taxonomist. McIntyre, Robert S. // American Prospect;7/30/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 13, p10
Presents an update of issues related to taxation in the U.S. as of July 30, 2001. Reductions to the budget surplus estimates of the Congressional Budget Office; Review of the proposed tax cuts by President George W. Bush; Speculation on the effects of the proposed tax cuts on Americans.
- House Panel Slashes EPA Funding, Delays Power Plant CO2 Rule. HOLLY, CHRIS // Energy Daily;7/14/2011, Issue 133, p2
The article reports on the fiscal 2012 appropriations legislation of the U.S. House Appropriations Committee which reduced the total budget of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). It also included several provisions, in which one will delay EPA regulations to limit greenhouse gas emissions...
- Bring solid hoosier values to bear on the process. Mourdock, Richard // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/3/2012 Supplement, Vol. 33, p6C
The article offers the author's insights on the accomplishment of Indiana in terms of achieving its goals such as the transformation of a 700 million dollars operating deficit into a 1.3 billion dollars budget surplus.