- Universities Bracing for Deeper Cuts. Jones, Rene'e Beasley // San Diego Business Journal;1/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p1
Reports on state-funded California universities' concerns regarding Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's proposed budget for 2004. Fear that deeper financial cuts could reduce enrollment and provide less financial aid for students; Speculation about a fee increase for undergraduates attending the...
- Holding Out a Tin Cup in the Golden State. BRADLEY, PAUL // Community College Week;8/10/2009, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p6
The article reports that community colleges in California are affected by the ongoing budget crisis in the state. According to college leaders, the budget cut implemented by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger will impact the mission of community colleges to provide access to higher education. It is...
- March 2: Battle of the Bonds. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;2/23/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the recovery bond measure and statewide school bond promoted by governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in California. Propositions paired with the measures that would change the way the state draws up its budgets; Amount earmarked by the bond measure for colleges and schools in Orange...
- Guv gone wild. Scheider, Michael // Daily Variety;1/21/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 17, p15
Focuses on the challenges faced by governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in California. Cuts in social service programs and hikes in college and university fees; Proposal to sell $15 billion in bonds; Suggestion for the governor to close the state budget gap.
- Deficit Bond Deadline. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/5/2003, Vol. 347 Issue 31775, p1
Reports on the $15 billion deficit bond measure proposed by California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to help cover the state's budget deficit. Previously planned bond issues replaced by the measure; Spending cap proposal accompanying the measure; Reactions of state legislators to the proposal.
- Polls: Schwarzenegger's Popularity Doesn't Translate to Support for Bond. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/16/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31802, p5
Reports that the fiscal recovery bond proposal of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has not released. Evaluation of the approval rating of Scwarzenegger; Purpose of the bond proposal; Popularity of the balanced budget amendment.
- California's Gaming Jam. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/7/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32106, p1
Reports on the bond alternative floated by Assembly Democrats for the plan of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to finance highway projects by securitizing Indian reservation gaming revenues. Expansion of the slot machine operations of Indian tribes in return for giving the state a...
- The Mother of All Budget Sagas Just Keeps Going. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, Bond Buyer p68
Focuses on the budget proposal of California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. Amount of proposed budget calling in spending cuts; Proposal on bond issue to finance accumulated budget deficits; Optimistic assumption of the budget plan.
- Arnold Wins Big on California Budget Propositions. Gizzi, John // Human Events;3/8/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p7
Provides information on California voters' approval of the budget propositions of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in 2004. Details on the budget propositions of Schwarzenegger; Efforts of Schwarzenegger in proposing the bond measure; Legislative agreement on the budget proposition.