A Revolution in Financial Services: Directions for the Future
- THE FUTURE AIN'T WHAT IT USED TO BE. Evensky, Harold // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Jan2005, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p16
This article presents the author's summary of his future vision for the U.S. financial services industry, as of January 2005. During the last 20 years, balanced portfolios have provided our clients over 7 percent, net of expenses, taxes and inflation. The new reality is likely to be less than 3...
- Planning is dead, long live planning. // Money Management;5/13/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p16
Reports on the extinction of the traditional financial planning model in the Financial Planning Association's Certified Financial Planner and Principals' Conference in Australia. Exclusive deal of advisers with clients; Presence of a relationship manager who deals with the client; Benefit of the...
- CE Quiz. // Financial Planning;May2005, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p141
Presents a quiz about financial planning.
- Accountants' superannuation fate hangs in the balance. Evans, Rebecca // Money Management;5/27/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p1
Reports that the Australian Parliamentary Joint Committee on Corporations and Financial Services is set to clarify the accountancy industry's position in relation to recommendations on non self-managed superannuation fund structures. Concerns on the issue concerning financial planners and...
- Everyday money. Reddie, Mark // Money (Australia Edition);Mar2006, Issue 77, p14
The article presents news briefs related to financial management companies in Australia as of March 2006. Information on a cost-saving advertising strategy developed by ad4car is provided. Macquarie Investment Management Ltd. has launched the European Investors Global Property Trust Fund.
- Reinforcing the value of advice. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;12/14/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p12
The author reflects on the condition of financial services industry in 2006 and into 2007 in Australia. He assesses that the industry has finished the calendar year of 2006 in good shape with only few unresolved issues to be carried out forward into 2007. In addition, he analyzes that the...
- Your Financial Planning Association needs you. Griffin, Ray // Money Management;7/7/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p17
Discusses the importance of understanding the concept of financial planning according to the Financial Planning Association in Australia. Percentage of the gross taxed in financial services; Effort of the government in taking ridiculous measurement of returns; Determination of the social...
- Thy will be done. Lowes, Ian // Money Marketing;4/28/2005, p60
The article discusses the views on financial management as well as achievements of Ian Lowes, managing director of Lowes Financial Management. According to Lowes, To achieve one's objectives, one could prepare a new will which spells out his wishes by bequeathing a life interest in all or part...
- Many IQ's, Few A's. Moisand, Dan // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2009, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p28
The article presents questions and answers relating to various aspects of the U.S. Financial Planning Act of 2008, including the decision to not create a self-regulatory organization, the requiring of additional licenses and not creating a self-regulatory organization (SRO).