Insurance, Ethics and the Golden Rule
- Fee Planners + Insurance = Ethics Lapse? Koreto, Richard J.; Hitchner, Kenneth B.; Kulikowski, Laurie; Greene, Andrew // Financial Planning;Jul2001, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p22
Reports that financial planners are ignoring the standard of ethics and violating the fiduciary relationship with their clients when they give insurance advice for a fee. Options for fee-only financial planners who give insurance advice technically; Reason many financial planners do not hold...
- Revised Ethical Standards Going Into Effect. // CPA Wealth Provider;Apr2008, p6
The article reports on the adoption of a revised version of Standards of Professional conduct by the CFP Board of Standards, which will come into effect on July 1, 2008 in the U.S. The revised standards require all CFP professional to prioritize the interest of the client and to meet their...
- The Ethics Within. Bearden, Frank C. // Advisor Today;Feb2002, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p66
Discusses the question of ethics facing financial advisors when they assist the client in making a purchase. Rules of professional conduct when making investment recommendations: Best way to inform clients of their choices; Role of experience when making an ethical decision.
- Bearing Gifts. Longo, Tracey // Financial Planning;Dec98, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p141
Looks at the efforts of the insurance industry to give a quality and clean sales to their clients. How financial advisers can learn lessons from it; Discussion of the issue of malpractice in the industry.
- Disability Devolution. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Feb2000, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p67
Focuses on the disability insurance market. Responsibility of financial planners to recommend disability insurance to their clients; Concerns over a policy's definition of disability; Costs of providing benefits; Factors that may make it difficult to obtain disability insurance.
- Strictly Speaking. Duska, Ronald F. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Sep2000, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p29
Discusses the code of ethics for Certified Financial Planner designees which focuses on integrity. Story of Pinnochio; Description of integrity; Use in mathematics; Development of a conscience; Emphasis on integrity from traditional ethical theories.
- FPA President Questions Revisions To CFP Standards Of Conduct. Hersch, Warren S. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/31/2006, Vol. 110 Issue 29, p8
The article reports that Financial Planning Association president Daniel Moisand is expressing concerns over the proposed revisions to the Chief Financial Planner (CFP) Board's Standards of Professional Conduct in the U.S. According to Moisand, some provisions of the proposed revisions lessen...
- Stiff new conduct code for planners. Liondis, George // Money Management;3/17/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the professional code of conduct for financial advisers in Australia. Release of the new code for the financial planning members of the CPA Australia and the Institute of Chartered Accountants; Discouragement of the commission payments; Consistency of the code with the principles of...
- BDMs still failing the course. Griffin, Ray // Money Management;4/21/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p18
Focuses on the author's perspective on the failure of business development managers (BDM) to increase their professional standards. Reaction over the approach of a naive BDM who lacks professionalism; Suggestion that voluntary disclosure by BDM would be an interesting, and possibly world first,...