It's Time for a Change
- Special delivery. Greenwood, Nick // Money Marketing;3/29/2007, p30
The author comments on investment trusts in Great Britain. He shares his experience of launching the iimia investment trust, a fund of investment trusts, in 2003. The author also discusses the decline in the demand for traditional balanced mandates in favor of more focused and specialized...
- BUCKING THE TREND. Leuchter, Miriam // U.S. Banker;Sep2000, Vol. 110 Issue 9, p70
Focuses on the top mutual funds in the United States for the first half of year 2000. Nations Funds Group; Evergreen Omega; BlackRock; Deutsche International; Chase Vista.
- Mutual Fund Scorecard. // Money Management Executive;9/29/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 38, p14
Presents a tabular chart on the sales of mutual funds in the U.S. as of July 2003.
- Dispelling the myths surrounding absolute return funds. Alder, Urs // Money Management;4/17/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p16
The author reflects on absolute return strategy in Australia. He states that their returns are mainly driven by the individual manager's investment skills rather than by the performance of an asset class. He says that investing with single absolute return funds can be a risky business. He adds...
- Gap widens between active and passive fees. Jackson, Will // Fund Strategy;1/23/2006, p9
The article reports that the average asset-weighted total expense ratio (TER) for actively managed funds in Great Britain has risen since 2003, according to an analysis from Lipper Fitzrovia. The study concluded that the growing popularity of two fund types is accentuating the TER gap.
- SMAs getting cheaper, but cost industry. Corderoy, Amy // Money Management;5/29/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p8
The article presents the "Separately Managed Accounts (SMA) Benchmarking and Technology Report" in Australia. According to the report, new entrants to the SMAs market are performing well, but at an industry level SMA pricing remains complex and unwidely. It found that while SMAs are becoming...
- Fund management: a shot in the arm? // MarketWatch: Financial Services;July 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p14
Reports on low cost solution to mutual fund growth in Asia. Needs of customers in the financial services market.
- UNIT TRUSTS. // Finance Week;4/26/2004, p56
Presents a chart related to unit trusts in South Africa as of April 2004.
- Do Investors Care? Cooper, Evan // On Wall Street;May2004, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p12
Explores issues and articles on the explanations for the public's general indifference to the problems facing the U.S. mutual fund industry in 2004.