Diversification Through Multiplication
- A Roth IRA or a traditional IRA? It just depends. Tronconi, Mark // Buffalo Law Journal;8/10/2009, Vol. 81 Issue 64, p15
The article focuses on the author's discussion on Roth individual retirement accounts (IRA) conversions in the U.S. He notes that conversion of traditional IRA into Roth IRA has not received warm media welcome. He mentions that when a taxpayer decides to convert traditional IRA to Roth IRA, the...
- NO 401(K) PLAN. Scott, Matthew // Black Enterprise;Sep2005, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p48
The article answers a question on opening an individual retirement account (IRA) in the U.S. The concept of IRA is discussed by the author, emphasizing on its advantages on retirement planning. The author suggests to invest aggressively and mentions the Morningstar.com web site which provide...
- MONEY MANAGEMENT Q&As. Farber, Lawrence // Medical Economics;1/21/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p89
Offers advice on money management. Effect of a spouse's age on one's individual retirement account (IRA) distributions; Teaching children how to invest; Timing of rollovers from a Roth IRA; Ways to deal with a rise in property taxes.
- A Banco Santander IRA could be the answer to secure retirement planning. Doyle, B.G. // Caribbean Business;12/4/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 48, p32
Focuses on individual retirement accounts (IRA) offered by Puerto Rico-based Banco Santander. Growth Income IRA; Super IRA; Roth IRA.
- If You Die, Who Do You Think Will Inherit Your IRA? Geer, Carolyn T. // Fortune;1/24/2000, Vol. 141 Issue 2, p180
Discusses what becomes of your individual retirement accounts (IRA) after you die and cautions investors about some potential traps. Why your will has no say in the disposition of an IRA; The importance of IRA beneficiary designations; How to avoid problems if your beneficiary is still a minor...
- Best and Worst IRA Rollover Decisions. Klein, Larry // Accounting Technology;Jan/Feb2007 Supplement, Vol. 23, p14
The article reports on the best and worst of Individual Retirement Account rollover decisions in the U.S. Leave money in the qualified plan if retiring between ages 55 and 59 and one-half distributions are required since there is no penalty on withdrawals from a qualified plan after attainment...
- grab new pension plan breaks. Burg, Brad // Medical Economics;11/5/2001, Vol. 78 Issue 21, p40
Provides tips for physicians on selecting pension plans. Discussion on the contributions set on individual retirement accounts (IRA); Contents of the safe-harbor provision in IRAs; Assessment of tax contribution in retirement plans; Analysis of personal finances and evaluation of cash balance.
- The market fell after I converted my traditional IRA to a Roth. Should I reconvert? Tucker, Sheryl Hilliard // Money;Dec2000, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p31
Offers questions and answers related to individual retirement arrangements (IRAs). Advice to someone who wants to reconvert their Roth IRA into a traditional IRA; How to encourage newlyweds to set up a Roth IRA; Advice about when to fund a Roth with an annual income of $155,000; Advice related...
- The ins and outs of tax-free and tax-efficient investing. Israelov // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/06/99, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p45
Gives advice on personal finance management. Difference between tax-efficient and tax-free investing; Opening of brokerage account for daughters; Establishing an individual retirement account.