Tobacco use by selected Muscovite youth attending school
- Polytobacco Use Among College Students. Butler, Karen M.; Ickes, Melinda J.; Rayens, Mary Kay; Wiggins, Amanda T.; Hahn, Ellen J. // Nicotine & Tobacco Research;Feb2016, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p163
Introduction:Use of more than one tobacco product among college students is increasing in popularity, leading to nicotine addiction and additional health risks. The study (1) examined polytobacco use patterns among college students who had ever used tobacco; and (2) assessed the...
- Expectancies and Intentions to Use Snus Among Norwegian First-Year Students. Larsen, Elisabeth; Rise, Jostein; Astrom, Anne Nordrehaug // Nicotine & Tobacco Research;May2011, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p313
Introduction: The prevalence of use of snus (low-nitrosamine smokeless tobacco, Swedish type) has reached epidemic proportions in parts of Northern Europe, and the trend is escalating. Knowledge of variables influencing use of snus is scarce, and this study set out to explore expectancies...
- The hazards of having a father who smokes. E.B. // Medical Update;Apr97, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p3
Investigates the effects of smoking by fathers on their children during pregnancy. Increased of children developing cancer; Contribution of passive smoke to increased risk for cancer; Most common form of malignancy faced by children of smoking fathers.
- COLLEGE STUDENT'S HEALTH, DRINKING AND SMOKING PATTERNS: WHAT HAS CHANGED IN 20 YEARS? HENSEL, DESIREE; TODD, KATHERINE LEIGH; ENGS, RUTH C. // College Student Journal;Fall2014, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p378
Problem: Institutes of higher learning are increasingly trying to address the issue of problem drinking. The purpose of this study was to determine how patterns in alcohol use and smoking by college students, as well as their illness patterns, have changed over 20 years. Methods: A...
- Cigarette Smoking and Perceived Risk: A Multidimensional Investigation. Rindfleisch, Aric; Crockett, David X. // Journal of Public Policy & Marketing;Fall99, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p159
In this study, the authors use marketing's perceived risk literature to specify and examine the influence of five different types (i.e., addiction, financial, health, time, and social) of perceived risk on young adults' cigarette smoking behavior. Using a cross-sectional design, they survey the...
- Without a leg to stand on. E.B. // Medical Update;Apr97, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p3
Reveals the increased risk for limb-reduction defects of children born to mother who smoked during pregnancy. Researches confirming the link between smoking during pregnancy and health problems in the newborn.
- WOMEN AND TOBACCO: THE SPREAD AND DANGERS OF SMOKING. // Women's International Network News;Autumn2000, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p19
Discusses the negative impact of tobacco use by women and of passive smoking on the health of women and children. Estimated number of female smokers in the world; Information on the health risks of tobacco smoking to women; Details on the Kobe Declaration.
- Betel Nut Chewing in Hawai'i: Is it Becoming a Public Health Problem? Historical and Socio-Cultural Considerations. Pobutsky, Ann; Neri, Enrico I. // Hawaii Journal of Medicine & Public Health;Jan2012, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p23
This article examines the socio-cultural significance of betel nut use among Micronesians, in light of the recent migration of Micronesians to Hawai'i. The different ways of chewing betel nut are the result of historical changes within Micronesia over time due to Spanish and US colonialism as...
- Tobacco use in the Dominican Republic: understanding the culture first. Dozier, A. M.; Ossip-Klein, D. J.; Diaz, S.; Chin, N. P.; Sierra, E.; Quiñones, Z.; Dye, T. D.; McIntosh, S.; Armstrong, L. // Tobacco Control;Jun2006 Supplement 1, Vol. 15, pi130
Objective: To conduct formative research on the landscape of tobacco use to guide survey and subsequent intervention development in the Dominican Republic (DR). Design: Rapid Assessment Procedures, systematic qualitative methods (participant-observations, in-depth interviewing, focus groups)...