Missouri Lawmakers Send $19 Billion Budget to Governor's Desk
- Cook Relies on Smoking. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/15/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32320, p31
The article reports that the Cook County Board of Commissioners has approved a budget for fiscal 2006 that depends in part cigarette tax increase to close a 95 million dollar revenue gap. A two dollar increase of cigarette tax will become 4.05 dollar in federal, state, city and county taxes on...
- Cook County, Ill., Approves Budget, Barely Meeting Mandatory Deadline. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/25/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31828, p3
The Cook County, Illinois, Board of Commissioners made a state-mandated deadline when it approved its 2004 budget after a more than 10-hour meeting in which members used some 100 amendments to air their differences and compromise on cuts and revenue increases. The board approved an 82 cent...
- Missouri Governor Seeks Tax Hikes to Help Education. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/23/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31806, p29
Reports on the announcement made by Missouri Governor Bob Holden concerning the proposed fiscal 2005 budget. Amount of the budget; Benefits of the budget for the state; Objective of the proposed budget.
- Holden's Reality Check. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/23/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31911, p31
Focuses on the budget for fiscal 2005 signed by Governor Bob Holden in Missouri. Worth of the spending plan; Reservations over the spending plan's failure to improve the state's economy; Proposed increase in budget by Holden.
- Right budget choices would create sweet music. // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/7/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p16
Editorial. Comments on the budgetary decisions of the legislators during the legislative sessions in the United States. Re-examination of the spending needs and taxing structure; Rejection of the cigarette tax increase; Details on the proposed tax restructuring.
- Minnesota Wraps Up Budget, Averting 2nd Shutdown. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32175, p4
Reports on the Minnesota lawmakers' approval of final spending appropriations needed to complete work on a two-year, budget in time to keep the government from shutting down for a second time. Governor Tim Pawlenty's signing of a measure temporarily restoring government operations; Proposed tax...
- Michigan Lawmakers Still Weighing Budget's Tax Provisions. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31914, p33
Reports on Michigan lawmakers' debate on the final bills that make-up the fiscal 2005 budget. Proposed increase in cigarette tax; Republican-led Legislature's proposal to increase gaming taxes.
- Missouri Governor Vetoes Education Bills. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/19/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31660, p36
On June 18, 2003 a day after the Republican-controlled legislature approved several bills that make up the $19 billion fiscal 2004 budget package, Missouri Governor Bob Holden vetoed the education bills because he believes the funding cuts are too steep, according to budget director Linda...
- Change of Heart: Missouri Governor to Sign Education Bills. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/30/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31667, p38
Missouri Governor Bob Holden announced on June 20, 2003 that he would sign education bills passed by the Legislature, even though they are identical to measures he had previously vetoed over concerns that they shortchange the state's elementary and secondary schools and higher education....