'Green Bonds,' Slightly Modified, Come Back to Life in Senate
- The push for Veterinary Workforce Expansion Act. // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Mar2006, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p34
The article reports on the efforts of the U.S. Senator Wayne Allard to promote the Veterinary Workforce Expansion Act. A funding initiative amounting 300 million dollars for 2006 and an almost 1.3 billion dollars was aimed at building infrastructure and provide ongoing support for faculty and...
- Tolling the Tolls. Keane, Angela Greiling // Traffic World;7/21/2003, Vol. 267 Issue 29, p12
Reports on United States Senator, Wayne Allard's introduction of a bill that will allow states to levy tolls to pay for roads and lanes construction. Provisions of the legislative bill; Implication of the bill on state transportation funding.
- Allard steps up for animal conservation. // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Nov2005, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p28
The article reports that the U.S. Senator Wayne Allard, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, has united with his lawmaking colleagues in an effort to make the U.S. Endangered Species Act function more effectively. During the past 30 years, the Act has posted a less than 1 percent success rate for...
- Landrieu to back naming of CVC hall. McCormack, Kelly // Hill;6/22/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 76, p3
The article reports on the support given by U.S. Senator Mary Landrieu in renaming the Capitol Visitor Center (CVC) main hall from Great Hall to Emancipation Hall in the U.S. Landrieu and Senator Barack Obama will introduce a bill authorizing the name change. Meanwhile, Senator Wayne Allard...
- New York Senator Introduces FHA Rebate Bill. // National Mortgage News;07/31/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p11
Reports on United States Representative Rick Lazio's bill to restore insurance premium rebates on Federal Housing Administration (FHA) single family loans. New York Senator Wayne Allard's introduction of the Homeowners Rebate Act of 2000 in the Senate; Reinstatement of the FHA rebate program.
- MPA reintroduced in Senate. Roehr, Bob // Bay Area Reporter;1/27/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p14
Reports that Colorado senator Wayne Allard has reintroduced the Marriage Protection Amendment in the U.S. Senate. Co-sponsors of the amendment; Statement from Senator Allard on the purpose of the legislation; Reaction of GLBT groups regarding the amendment.
- Senate Panel to Vote on Down Payment Aid. Heller, Michele // American Banker;10/14/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 197, p23
The U.S. Senate Banking Committee is scheduled on Wednesday to vote on down payment assistance legislation that would provide $200 million of federal grants to help low-income Americans buy homes. The bill, sponsored by Senator Wayne Allard, would provide qualified first-time homebuyers $5,000...
- Correction. // American Banker;1/31/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 20, p20
Corrects an error in a page 3 story in Thursday's paper about Senator Wayne Allard introducing a legislative bill that would keep banks from entering real estate brokerage. Misidentification of Richard Shelby.
- US action to alleviate shortage of veterinarians. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;8/4/2007, Vol. 161 Issue 5, p148
The article reports on the legislation passed by the U.S. Senate which authorizes a $1.5 billion grant program intended to increase veterinary school intakes and address a national shortage of veterinarians. The American Veterinary Medical Association found that there have been shortfalls of...