S&P: Many High-Tech-Dependent Localities' Credits Are Still Strong
- Two Rivers, Wis., Downgraded to Baa2 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;3/6/2015, p37
The article reports that the ratings on the general obligation debt of Two Rivers, Wisconsin was downgraded from Baa1 to Baa2 by the Investors Service of financial services company Moody's because of the inability of the city to improve its general fund reserves.
- Freeborn County, Minn., Upgraded to Aa2 by Moody's. // Bondbuyer.com;4/30/2015, p42
The article reports on the upgraded rating earned by the general obligation unlimited tax debt of Freeborn County, Minnesota from credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service.
- Lebanon County, Pa., Upgraded to BBB-Plus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;2/4/2015, p36
The article reports on the upgraded ratings given by credit rating agency Standard & Poor's Ratings Services on the general obligation debt, from BBB- to BBB+, of Lebanon County, Pensylvania.
- Plainview, Minn., Downgraded to AA by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;4/13/2015, p24
The article reports that credit rating agency Standard & Poor's has lowered its long term rating for the previously issued general obligation bonds of Plainview, Minnesota.
- Merrimack County, N.H., Upgraded to Aa2 by Moody's. // Bondbuyer.com;12/4/2014, p34
The article reports on the Aa2 rating received by the 26.1 million U.S. dollars 2014 general obligation refunding bonds issued by Merrimack County, New Hampshire, which proceeds will be used to improve the county's previously-issued Series of 2006 and 2007 bonds.
- Hopewell, N.J.'s Delinquent Payment Won't Hurt Rating: Moody's. // Bondbuyer.com;12/4/2014, p37
The article reports on the assurance issued by credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service to the borough of Hopewell, New Jersey that its payment delay on its principal payment on its general improvement bonds and water utility bonds will not affect its rating.
- Rating changes. Kreps, Matthew // Bond Buyer;01/28/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30817, p18
Lists the agency ratings for various municipal bonds in the United States, as of January 27, 2000. Includes Albany Dougherty Payroll Development Authority in Georgia; Burke County Development Authority in Georgia; El Paso County School District No.38 in Colorado.
- Fairmont, Minn., Downgraded to Aa3 by Moody's. // Bondbuyer.com;7/22/2013, p27
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service has assigned an Aa3 rating to the general obligation improvement bonds issued by the city of Fairmont, Minnesota scheduled to be sold in July 2013, noting that the proceeds will be used to finance street reconstruction and sidewalk improvements.
- Detroit Dropped to C by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;7/22/2013, p30
The article announces that Standard and Poor's (S & P) Financial Rating Services LLC has downgraded its rating on the limited- and unlimited-tax general obligation debt of Detroit, Michigan from CC to C, reflecting the city's position as the subject of a bankruptcy petition filed on July 18, 2013.
- Whiting, Wis., 2013 GOs Downgraded to BBB-Minus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;9/29/2014, p28
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has downgraded its long-term rating on the village of Whiting, Wisconsin's 2013 general obligation (GO) promissory notes to BBB-minus which is a reflection of its view over the village's very weak management.