Auditors Must Disclose Whether Officers Understand Swap Risks
- SECTOR GAINS JOBS, BUT SOME FIRMS SHRINK. // Crain's New York Business;9/26/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p24
The article focuses on issues related to the accounting sector in the New York City area. The corporate governance boom generated another year of solid job gains for the accounting sector--but not for everyone. Three of the big four accounting firms of the area, added significant numbers of...
- Resignation Rates Fall Across-the-Board Versus Nine-Month 2006 Rates. // Public Accounting Report;9/30/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p1
This article reports on a decline in the 2007 nine-month resignation rate versus the similar period for 2006 for every U.S. accounting firm grouping PAR and AuditAnalytics tracks. Resignation rates actually rose in the 2007 three-month analysis for the Big Four and regional and local firms,...
- Andersen's ghost haunts KPMG. Singh, Shruti Daté // Crain's Chicago Business;7/4/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p2
This article reports that the threat of prosecution hanging over KPMG LLP has raised questions in the local business community in Chicago, Illinois about whether history could repeat itself. Three years ago, the indictment of Chicago-based Arthur Andersen LLP forced dozens of companies to shop...
- CPA firms. // Central Penn Business Journal;6/19/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p27
The article lists the names of certified public accountant (CPA) firms in Pennsylvania ranked by number of full-time local CPAs, including Brown Schultz Sheridan & Fritz, KPMG LLP, and Simon Lever LLP.
- CPA firms. // Central Penn Business Journal;6/22/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p24
The article presents the list of Certified Public Accounting (CPA) firms in Pennsylvania which includes KPMG LLP, Simon Lever LLP and Stambaugh Ness PC.
- PW in 'Catch-22' situation. // Accountancy;Aug1998, Vol. 122 Issue 1260, p10
Announces accounting firm KPMG's revised lineup of its international executive team. Number of British and American partners appointed; Duties of the partners to oversee the firm's worldwide management; Individual responsibility of the every member for the development of their designated sector...
- KPMG Posts Biggest Revenue Audited Gain For 1Q. // Public Accounting Report;4/15/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the rankings of accounting firms by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission auditor spot in first quarter 2004. Standing of KPMG in the audit changes scorecard; Significance of the Valero audit engagement on the attained rank of KPMG; Cumulative client revenue audited from which...
- A New Auditor for Oriental of San Juan. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;10/31/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 209, p24
The article reports that KPMG LLP has been chosen by Oriental Financial Group Inc. as its new auditor. The article provides highlights from Oriental's financial performance.
- E&Y, KPMG come out ahead in 2012. HOOD, DANIEL // Accounting Today;Mar2013, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p10
The author assesses the performance of auditors serving the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) clients in 2012. He reports that the BIG Four auditing firms Ernst & Young and KPMG came out of 2012 on high note in the market, ending the year with gains and dominating the league tables...