MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, May 10
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, May 5. // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p2
Presents a charts on the municipal bond market and economic indicators in the U.S. as of May 5, 2004. Institute for Supply Management's non-manufacturing business activity composite index; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, July 7. // Bond Buyer;7/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32170, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States as of July 7, 2005. Government securities prices; Municipal Bond Index; Bond buyer's 30-day visible supply.
- Munis Firm, Following Treasury Gains. Scarchilli, Michael; Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;9/10/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32958, p2
The article discusses the development of the municipal bond market following the U.S. Treasury gains as of September 10, 2008. The traders note that the tax-exempt yields were lower by two or three basis points. The benchmark 10-year Treasury note yield on the two-year note was quoted near the...
- Munis Finish Firmer by 1 or 2 Basis Points. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/17/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32797, p2
The article reports on the developments pertaining to the U.S. municipal market for January 16, 2008. Tax-exempt yields were reported to be lower by one or two basis points during the day. The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board has also reported that the trades have showed some gains. The...
- Munis Unable to Maintain Early Momentum, End Day Unchanged. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/25/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32078, p2
This article reports that the municipal bond market gave up earlier gains to finish near the unchanged line yesterday after Treasuries were unable to sustain curve-flattening momentum and the front end declined following a disappointing two-year note auction. Traders said bond prices were marked...
- Munis, Treasuries Increase on Talk Of an End to Rate-Tightening Cycle. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;6/2/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32145, p2
This article focuses on rise in municipal bond prices. Traders said a rally in the government bond market forced leveraged participants to adjust prices on their offerings higher to offset losses on their hedges and municipal bond yields fell as much as five basis points. The market saw a firm...
- Munis Continue to Adjust in Wake Of October Employment Report. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p2
Reports on the performance of the municipal bond market on November 8, 2004 after a strong employment report in the U.S. Continued pressure on the market due to expected interest rate hikes by the Federal Reserve Board; Limited trading activity due to wide bid-ask spreads; Need to reevaluate the...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, November 8. // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p2
Presents a table depicting the performance of the municipal bond market as of November 8, 2004 in the U.S. Government securities prices; Municipal bond index; 30-day visible supply.
- Municipals End Session Little Changed; Clark County Sells $361M Airport Deal. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;7/29/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31936, p2
Examines the status of the municipal bond market in the U.S., compiled as of July 29, 2004. New issue offerings; Improvement in treasuries due to weakness in stocks; Increase in orders; Ratings of notable bond sales.