Post Office Testing Opens Up to General Market
- Munis End Flat, Treasuries Gain; Over $1 Billion of New Issues Sold. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/24/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31726, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of September 24, 2003. Market status of municipal bonds; Amount of major new issues sold by underwriters; Sale of state personal income tax revenue bonds by Citigroup Global Markets Inc. INSET: MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, September 23.
- Don't get comfortable; on top now, in pits later. // Pensions & Investments;10/27/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p44
Focuses on a study by Smith Barney Consulting Group which confirmed that top investment performance is not a guarantee of future performance. What the study indicated; Number of mutual fund investors surveyed by Columbia University's Graduate School of Business; Time periods analyzed by the...
- Pa. Fund Axes Consultant. J. L. // Investment Management Weekly;4/11/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p3
Reports that Chester County Retirement Board in Pennsylvania has terminated Smith Barney Consulting Group. Value of the retirement fund; List of the fund's managers.
- Industry mourns passing of ABS luminary Robert R. Malim. D. M. // Asset Securitization Report;7/3/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 26, p7
The article focuses on the life and works of Robert R. Malin, co-head of U.S. asset-backed securities (ABS) business of Citigroup Global Markets Inc. Malin was an outstanding contributor of the development of the credit card ABS sector. He died at the age of 46 on June 23, 2006 while on vacation...
- Citigroup tops JPMorgan, maintains comfortable lead in ABS. // Asset Securitization Report;1/5/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p10
Reports that Citigroup Global Markets secured the top spot in the asset-backed securities (ABS) underwriter league tables for 2003.
- Consumers pile on more mortgage- related debt, but can handle most of it. D. M. // Asset Securitization Report;4/10/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p12
The article reports increased levels of debt between 2001 and 2004 in the United States, based on a government survey. Citigroup Global Markets analysts warned investors to avoid subprime unsecured debt, although they did acknowledge that American consumers were able to afford their debt loads....
- Citi helps demystify deep MI. McGeer, Bonnie // Asset Securitization Report;10/13/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 39, p10
Reports on the effort of financial services firm Citigroup Global Markets Inc. to analyze the subprime mortgage securities to better allow for better comparison of credit performance. Decline in credit enhancement; Evaluation of securitization performance; Distribution of loss severities.
- Citigroup To Use Tax Reclamation Service Bureau. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;4/21/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p6
The article reports on the use of tax reclamation services for the clearing business of Citigroup Global Transaction Services in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region in 2008. It cites Citigroup's refund of $104 million to a client in 2007 during a pilot test of the Tax Reclaim Service...
- More enhancement reductions expected for credit card trusts. Catton, Grant // Asset Securitization Report;8/8/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 31, p8
Reports on the predictions of analysts of Citigroup Global Markets Inc. for other card issuers to seek credit enhancement reductions in the U.S. Reduction in the credit enhancement levels for the CHAIT trust class A notes of Chase Manhattan Bank NA; Likelihood for MBNA America Bank NA and...