Massachusetts Senate Pushes Road Merger, But Separate Debt
- Romney to Take His Budget-Balancing Plan to Massachusetts TV Viewers. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/29/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31562, p28
Reports that Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney will be announcing his 2003 budget balancing plans through local television. Expectations from Romney's budget plans; Possible steps taken by the governor for implementing budget reforms in his state; Estimated amount of the budget.
- Culture Bonding. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;8/7/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32439, p25
The article reports that lawmakers have approved a $13 million Cultural Facilities Fund and a $2.45 million increased spending for the Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC) by overriding Governor Mitt Romney's vetoes. According to the article, the fund will offer grants, loans and planning...
- At-Risk Kids. Johnson, Jennifer // Revolution: The Journal for RNs & Patient Advocacy;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p7
Discusses reactions to the plan of Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney to eradicate the program that funds school nurses. State's 2005 budget cuts; Reliance of school children on school nurses; Fight by health care advocacy groups.
- Money woes. Kiritsy, Laura // Bay Windows;2/3/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p3
Reports on the proposed budget of Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney for HIV/AIDS funding and suicide prevention programs geared toward GLBT youth in 2005. Amount of budget allocated for HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment; Comment of Rebecca Haag, executive director of AIDS Action Committee...
- Children in Mass.will lose access to school nurses under Romney's budget proposal. // Massachusetts Nurse;Apr2004, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the efforts of students to destroy the budget proposal of Governor Mitt Romney that will affect access to school nurses in Massachusetts. Content of a letter sent by a ten year old boy with asthma; Recognition of the role of school nurses in preserving children's health; Support of...
- Beacon Hill Headlines. // Massachusetts Nurse;Apr2004, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p5
Reports developments related to nursing services in Massachusetts. Plan of Ed Augustus, chief of staff of Worcester Congressman James McGovern to seek Senate seat through the support of Worcester nurses; Implication of Governor Mitt Romney's budget proposal for the nursing profession; Creation...
- GOP Splits Over Anaheim Train, State Budget Deal. Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;3/2/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p3
The article presents the views from various Republicans over the state budget for the maglev train in Anaheim, California. Mayor Curt Pringle says he will be contacting Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal to speed on the proposed Anaheim-to-Las Vegas maglev train. Pringle adds that the train is of...
- Romney's budget-balancing for dummies. Conason, Joe // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/12/2012, Vol. 41 Issue 33, p14
The author reflects on the views of Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney on the proposed 2013 national budget.
- Five keys to a better budget. Gregg, Judd // Hill;7/16/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 89, p19
The article presents several keys for getting better federal budgets to provide better opportunities for the upcoming U.S. President specially Mitt Romney, a presidential candidate of the elections.