- Texas' North East Independent School District Selling $149M. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/3/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32188, p3
Reports that Bexar County, Texas-based North East Independent School District will go to market in August 2005 with a competitive offering of general obligation bonds worth $149 million. Proceeds will finance construction of a high school, renovations to existing facilities, technology...
- Oklahoma County ISD Selling $28M, Part of $180M Authorization. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/1/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32371, p39
The article reports on the plan of Oklahoma County Independent School District Number 89 to issue the fifth tranche of general obligation bonds from 180 million dollars authorization in Oklahoma City. District voters approved the bonds in November 2001 as part of an effort known as MAPS for...
- Late Summer Lethargy Continues As Municipals Finish Unchanged. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;8/26/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32205, p2
Reports on the condition of the municipal bond secondary market in the U.S. Observation that buyers were not aggressive enough in the first part of the session to push bond prices higher; Contribution of the longstanding underperformance of short-dated Treasuries to the weakness in tax-exempt...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;6/14/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31407, p33
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of June 2002. Sale of general obligation bonds for the Anchorage School District; Support to place a referendum for road improvements in the Puget Sound area; Creation of temporary cash flow for the Education Fund in Wyoming.
- Dallas ISD Considers Presenting Historic Referendum. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/8/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31261, p4
Reports that Dallas, Texas-based Independent School District (ISD) will consider a proposal for multi-billion dollar bond referendum for school debt. Outline of five-year bond plan; Approval of a multi-million bond packages by referendum; Assessment of a debt service tax rate by ISD.
- Humble, Tex., Bond Referendum Gets Rejected. // Bond Buyer;2/12/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31323, p3
Reports on the defeat of a multi-million-dollar bond referendum in Humble, Texas' Humble Independent School District. Vote margin of the defeat; Scope of the bond proposal.
- Georgia. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;09/04/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30223, p28
Announces Schools superintendent Gene Buinger's plan to ask his School Board to approve a March 1998 referendum on whether the school district should sell $118 million of general obligation bonds to finance an eight-year effort of school construction and renovation in Bibb County in Georgia.
- Voters set to decide fate of Omaha schools' issue. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;03/03/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30590, p4
Reports on the bond referendum the Omaha, Nebraska Public School District will hold to seek voters' approval of $253.9 million of general obligation bonds. Board of Education members' unanimous vote in favor of the bond request; Plan to use proceeds from the issue to build and improve...
- Munis Little Changed With Firm Tone; $507M L.A.USD Deal Priced for Retail. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;3/4/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31585, p2
Reports on opening of retail order period for Los Angeles, California-based Unified School District (USD) general obligation bonds. Increase in Treasury bonds and notes; Decline in securities prices; Price of the serial bonds offered by USD; Ratings assigned by various ratings companies.