Duty Served, Marine Col. Stein Returns to Busy Colorado Treasury Post
- How To Ruin Your Life. Piontek, Steve // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/20/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 35, p4
Reports on Ben Stein's speech entitled â€œHow to Ruin Your Life-And How to Save It: Entering the Golden Age of Financial Planning.â€ Benefits from the use of irony in financial planning.
- Audit Committee report finds council, pension board acted improperly and illegally. // Gay & Lesbian Times;8/10/2006, Issue 972, p15
The article reports that the Audit Committee presented its final report on the financial situation in San Diego, California to the City Council on August 8, 2006. The committee reported that the city's financial crisis was caused by mismanagement from past and present city and pension board...
- Departing Deputy Treasurer Stein To Take New Post at Colorado DOT. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/10/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32506, p34
The article reports that outgoing Colorado deputy treasurer Ben Stein will take a new position as branch manager at financial management and budget division of the Colorado Department of Transportation starting November 20, 2006. According to Stein, he had been very happy serving as deputy...
- Remembering Dick Murphy. Nelson, Bob // Gay & Lesbian Times;5/5/2005, Issue 906, p39
Provides insights on the decision of Dick Murphy to resign as Mayor of San Diego, California. Murphy's selection of advisors and commissioners on the sole criteria of merit and inclusion; Murphy's vote to add pension benefits for same-sex domestic partners; Murphy's vote for the amendment of the...
- Your Finances. // Las Vegas Business Press;8/2/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p6A
Lists several ways to prepare for retirement according to actor and economist Ben Stein. Awareness about the Social Security benefits; Assistance from professional financial advisor in financial planning; Calculation of money needed to accumulate by the time of retirement.
- He loves REITs and thinks you should. Carter, Drew // Pensions & Investments;4/14/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p6
The article focuses on Ben Stein, author and filmmaker, who loves real estate investment trusts (REITs). Speaking at the North American Real Estate Equities conference in Toronto on April 2, 2008, Stein told to attendees that he is buying all REIT units he can, and that REITs are a bargain. As...
- Words of wisdom. Grace, Kevin Michael // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/3/97, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p22
Supplies quotations from Ben Stein's Web site Malibu Serenity Sayings.
- For life. Grace, Kevin Michael // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;06/09/97, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p21
Presents comments from Benjamin Stein in the June, 1997 issue of `The American Spectator' regarding the sanctity of human life.
- Ben there, done that. Gliatto, Tom; Baker, Ken // People;09/29/97, Vol. 48 Issue 13, p85
Profiles Ben Stein, host of `Win Ben Stein's Money' a game show which airs on the Comedy Central cable network. Description of the show; Comments from wife Alexandra; Background of Stein; Jobs he has had including being a lawyer for the United States Federal Trade Commission; Comments from...