S&P Reports On Servicemember Act
- Operation United Assistance: Infectious Disease Threats to Deployed Military Personnel. Murray, Clinton K.; Yun, Heather C.; Markelz, Ana Elizabeth; Okulicz, Jason F.; Vento, Todd J.; Burgess, Timothy H.; Cardile, Anthony P.; Miller, R. Scott // Military Medicine;Jun2015, Vol. 180 Issue 6, p626
As part of the international response to control the recent Ebola outbreak in West Africa, the Department of Defense has deployed military personnel to train Liberians to manage the disease and build treatment units and a hospital for health care volunteers. These steps have assisted in...
- Navigating deployment together. Hames, Jacqueline M. // Soldiers;Aug2011, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p18
The article discusses the services offered by the Mobilization, Deployment and Family Readiness Program at Fort Belvoir, Virginia. These include pre-deployment courses, workshops and resources for helping soldiers and their families prepare for the former's absence as well as preparing them for...
- Come Partly Home, America. O'Hanlon, Michael // Foreign Affairs;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p2
The article deals with the proposed downsizing of U.S. troops overseas under the Bush administration in 2001. Although the number of U.S. troops overseas has been cut in half since 1990, most of the reductions have come from bases abroad, where U.S. personnel can enjoy the company of family and...
- The rule of commensurate military force. Perry, William J. // Defense;1995, Issue 3, p2
Explores the complex factors with regard to the use of military force. Involvement of political and ethical questions; Features of first category threats; Weighing of risks and benefits in the use of military force; Criteria in the fielding of the military for humanitarian concerns.
- RC MI units support Bosnia deployment. // Military Intelligence Professional Bulletin;Apr/Jun96, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p59
Report on the mobilization of soldiers from the United States Army Reserve's (USAR) 1st Military Intelligence (MI) Center in Phoneix, Arizona and from the 338th MI Battalion in Fort Meade, Maryland, to support Operation Joint Endeavor.
- Reserve to Bosnia and Kuwait. // Army Magazine;Sep98, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p67
Announces that members of the United States Army Reserve and Army National Guard have been alerted for possible mobilization in support of Operation Joint Forge in Bosnia. Projected mobilization dates; Notification of mobilization in support of operations in Southwest Asia.
- Total force. Mesch, Joseph T. // Military Intelligence;Apr-Jun91, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p39
Examines Operation Desert Storm's partial mobilization of the Total Force in the Persian Gulf Region as they apply to the Intelligence Center. Expanding the training base mobilization mission; Intelligence Training Army Area School; Life cycle model for Reserve Component Military Intelligence...
- Battle Command Training Program. Light, Ron // Engineer;Nov99, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p57
Discusses the 1999 United States Battle Command Training Program Perceptions for the engineer portion of the mobility and survivability battlefield operating system and some tactics, techniques and procedures. Effective use of scatterable mines; Idea of templating enemy engineer countermobility...
- Personal Courage. // Engineer;Nov99, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p62
Deals with the heroism of the United States 48th Engineer Combat Battalion in its mission at Mt. Porchia, Italy during World War II. Tasks performed by the battalion during the mission; Awards received by members of the battalion.