Parties Ink Heritage Debt Settlement
- Attorney Seeking Approval for Heritage Healthcare Settlement. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/13/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32049, p1
The article reports that attorney Brian Barry, who represents holders of the defunct Heritage Healthcare's US$130 million of defaulted bonds, is interested in seeking preliminary approval for a global settlement with all defendants totaling US$27.8 million in the U.S. federal court. In the same...
- U.S. Judge Says Only Heartland May Recoup Some Heritage Losses. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/8/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31921, p1
Reports on the decision of U.S. District Judge Dickran Tevrizian to give Heartland Holdings Inc. the legal right to seek compensation in the now defunct Heritage Healthcare from U.S. Trust Corp. Investment of Heartland in a portion of the bonds sold by Heritage to finance the acquisition and...
- Heritage Settlement, Claim Forms Available Online to Bondholders. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/15/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32071, p3
Reports on the availability of a copy of a proposed settlement and claim forms for investors of the defunct Heritage Healthcare company in Chicago, Illinois. Internet site where the copy and claim forms are available; Online services for investors involved in the case; Approval of the attorney...
- Appeals Could Delay Settlement on Heritage Healthcare Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/22/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32117, p4
Reports on the delay of settlement funds on Heritage Healthcare Bonds due to appeals filed by two former Miller & Schroeder brokers in the U.S. Stipulation under the settlement agreement; Facts about the case; Opinion of the court.
- Settlement Pot Reaches $24 Million In Heritage Healthcare Fraud Case. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/21/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31994, p1
Reports on the increase of the settlement pot for bondholders of Heritage Healthcare fraud case in the U.S. Filing of the lawsuit; Details on the allegation of fraud against the defendants; Agreements and distributions of the settlements by the defendants.
- Heritage Bondholders' Lawsuit Gets Class Action Status. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31924, p3
Reports on the decision of a federal judge to grant a class action status to a lawsuit filed on behalf of investors who hold multimillion-dollar bonds issued for projects of the now-defunct Heritage Healthcare in the U.S. Effect of the decision on various settlements funds; Statement of Brian...
- Heritage Bondholders Have Until Friday to Submit Claims to $28M Settlement. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32191, p48
Announces the deadline for the submission of claims by bondholders to a global settlement reached between Heritage Healthcare and the plaintiffs in a class action lawsuit. Requirement for bondholders to submit claim forms; Appeal of Miller & Schroeder broker Bruce Talley, whose firm underwrote...
- SEC Charges Five With Fraud Over Defaulted Heritage Healthcare Deals. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31918, p3
Reports on the civil complaints filed by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission against five defendants associated with Heritage Healthcare for fraudulent bond deals. Nature of the complaint; Contention of the plaintiff; Argument of the defendants.
- Allegheny County Authority Pays $70,000 in Settlement With IRS. HUME, LYNN // Bond Buyer;7/24/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33950, p20
The article informs that the Sanitary Authority of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania has agreed to pay 70,000 dollars to settle Internal Revenue Service charges after violating yield restriction requirements on an advance refunding escrow for 260.3 million dollars of bonds issued in 2005.