Pearson Forms Alliance With BBC To Create Children's Book Line
- The Launch of BBC Children's Books. Eccleshare, Julia // Publishers Weekly;5/10/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 19, p8
Reports on the launch of the BBC Children's Books imprint, a publishing venture between Penguin and BBC Worldwide in the U.S. Number of titles that will be published annually under the imprint; Ownership of Penguin in BBC Children's Books; Benefits of the venture for both firms.
- Haymarket links with BBC for joint customer mags. // Marketing (00253650);11/6/2003, p6
Haymarket Customer Publishing (HCP) and BBC Magazines are to collaborate on developing customer magazine opportunities in the women's and retail markets. The collaboration is an extension of the long-standing relationship between the two magazine publishers in the area of events organisation...
- BBC moves into contract mags. Wilkinson, Amanda // Marketing Week;7/20/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p13
Reports that BBC Worldwide Ltd. is publishing magazines, videos and books for advertisers that are already closely associated with its titles. Areas of experitse offered to clients; Improvement of relations with clients through the publishing service.
- Penguin's Spinebreakers to add content from Island Records artists. McEleny, Charlotte // New Media Age;7/16/2009, p07
The article reports on the strategic partnership between book publisher Penguin and Island Records to integrate music into the publisher's teen social network site Spinebreakers. The partnership will allow Island Records artists to rate books published by Penguins while a selected Spinebreakers...
- BBC, Mediaset ink 3-yr. prod'n pact. Rooney, David // Variety;05/04/98, Vol. 370 Issue 12, p41
Reports on the co-production deal signed by BBC Worldwide with Mediaset for four documentary series and an additional hours of science and natural history programming in Europe. Significance of the deal to Mediaset.
- BBC bags Hat Trick deal. Croshie, Max // Televisual;Feb2005, p13
Reports on the collaboration between BBC Worldwide Ltd. with Hat Trick in Great Britain. Terms of the distribution agreement; Acquisition of rights for its BBC-commissioned programming.
- Title to Come. Ellis, Sarah // Horn Book Magazine;May/Jun2006, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p368
Presents the author's views on the creation of book titles. Requirements of finding book titles; Collaboration of a writer with friends, family and colleagues for ideas; Considerations for the selection of title terms applicable for child readership.
- BBC to introduce food mag Olive to rival Delicious. // Marketing (00253650);11/13/2003, p6
Publishing company BBC Magazines is planning to launch a food magazine on November 19, 2003 under the title "Olive." BBC Magazines has decided to launch the magazine after it lost out in the bidding to publish the magazine "Delicious," which is produced by Seven Publishing under licence from its...
- BBC magazines try turning a new leaf. Singh, Sonoo // Marketing Week;7/12/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p16
Comments on the planned restructuring of British publishing company BBC Worldwide Ltd. Separation of the publishing division into magazines and consumer publishing; Contributions of BBC Worldwide to British Broadcasting Corp.'s finances; Changes in executive positions; Sales performance of...