Bertlesmann Skimps On 1Q Financial Details About Random House
- Far East Boosts Bulgari Net. Zargani, Luisa // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/30/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 66, p2
Despite a generally difficult economy, Bulgari ended 2003 on a high note by posting a 21 percent growth increase in earnings on sales that swelled 5 percent. At current exchange rates, sales for the year declined 2 percent. Bulgari said a strong performance in the Far East, where sales grew 20...
- Heidelberg climbs but more cost cuts planned. Ward, Gareth // Printing World;2/3/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 5, p10
The article reports that the company Heidelberg is looking for further cost savings as the company reports improved sales and operating profits for the third quarter of its financial year. Sales are up 8% over the previous year. The order level remained as high as in the previous three months,...
- Timing is everything, but be careful. HARKNESS, JEFF // Landscape Management;Jun2014, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p10
The article discusses several factors to consider when deciding whether it is time to sell a company, which include revenue, earnings and strong balance sheet. Other factors mentioned include secondary markets, the cost of procrastinating and the continued role of owner for one to three years.
- Truck unit hits DCX profits. // Automotive News;10/11/2004, Vol. 79 Issue 6116, p3
The article presents information on the financial conditions of DaimlerChrysler AG. Costs linked to recalls and quality problems at DaimlerChrysler AG's Japanese truck and bus unit will hit third-quarter operating profits by some 400 million euros, or about $491.6 million. But good earnings at...
- Chico's Net Up 52.6%. Tucker, Ross // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/28/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 112, p12
Reports on the increase in the corporate earnings of Chico's Fas Inc. for the first quarter ended May 1, 2004. Reasons cited for the increase; Revenues generated from store sales.
- Rieter registers record sales and profit. // Textile Magazine;Apr2008, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p81
This article reports on the financial results posted by Rieter, a producer of textile machinery based in Switzerland, for 2007. The company's sales rose by 12 percent to 3,930.1 million CHF in 2007. The operating result before interest and taxes (EBIT) rose by 54 percent to 278.7 million CHF,...
- PPG Industries' Sales Drop 30 Percent in 1Q 2009. // Vision Monday;5/18/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p070
The article reports on the 30 percent drop in the sales of PPG Industries for the first quarter of 2009. According to the article, the company reported sales of $2.8 billion during the period and a loss of $111 million. It also states that PPG Industries' segment earnings dropped $14 million...
- Avon Ups Guidance For 4th Quarter, Year. Young, Vicki M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/9/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 119, p6
Reports financial results of Avon Products Inc. in New York. Earnings per share; Sales; Finalization of tax settlement.
- Nortel $2 billion loss in 4Q stings. Morse, Joni // RCR Wireless News;
The article reports that Nortel Networks Ltd. plans to restate its financial results as well as push back filing its 2005 annual report by the end of April 2006. The company said its restatement for the first nine months of 2005 would include decreased sales by $162 million and earnings by $95...