Texas Social Studies, Florida Literature Power Pearson Ed. To Top Of EM's 2003 Adoption Scorecard
- Partnerships & Acquisitions... // Educational Marketer;12/1/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p8
Cites the teamup between Pearson Scott Foresman and Colonial Williamsburg to create content for Scott Foresman elementary social studies textbooks.
- 3 Publishers Add Online Library Services To College Textbooks. // Educational Marketer;12/04/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p6
Reports that Pearson Education, McGraw-Hill and Harcourt have linked electronic library functions to college textbooks.
- K-8 Propels Pearson To Top Of N.C. Reading, Language Arts Adoption. // Educational Marketer;10/8/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 29, p3
Reports that Pearson Education dominated reading and language arts textbook sales in the North Carolina adoption in 2001.
- Texas Social Studies, Florida Literature Power Pearson Ed. To Top Of EM's 2003 Adoption Scorecard. // Educational Marketer;5/10/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 14, p1
Powered by a dominating sales performance in Texas social studies and bolstered by a leading position in literature in Florida, Pearson Education Inc. captured the top spot in the exclusive Adoption Scorecard for 2003 of the journal "Education Marketers." It estimated total sales of 112.9...
- After Q1, K-12 Publishers Remain Pessimistic About 2004 Growth. // Educational Marketer;5/10/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 14, p6
The article presents information on publishers' pessimism regarding growth in their industry. According to guidance from the three top publishers, there is nothing to change the gloomy 2004 outlook in K-12 publishing. Pearson Education Inc., which generated 1% growth in AK-12 revenue to $1.37...
- Pearson Education Storms the Alamo to Capture 33% Of the $233.7 Million Texas Social Studies Adoption. // Educational Marketer;8/04/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the decision of electronic publishing firm Pearson Education Inc, in adopting the ï¿½Scott Foresman Social Studies&rqduo; program in Texas. Percentage of the share nationwide; Significance of instructional material; Level of state budget problems.
- Publishers claim competitor gained unfair edge. Manzo, Kathleen Kennedy // Education Week;02/25/98, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p3
Deals with the protests of publishing companies against the textbook recommendations made by an advisory committee to the Louisiana state school board. How competitors gained unfair advantage; Publishing company gaining favor from the committee; Reason why more textbooks were omitted from the...
- Pearson Dominates, Harcourt is No. 2 in South Carolina Adoption. // Educational Marketer;11/20/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 33, p6
The article reports on the domination of Pearson Education in the South Carolina K-8 social studies and 6-8 language arts adoption. According to EM estimates, Pearson distinctly dominated the social studies adoption in grades K-5, with an 85% share on sales of $11 million. On the other hand,...
- Pearson Education Adds On to Art History Line. // Educational Marketer;9/2/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p4
Reports the growth of the college art history line of textbook of Pearson Education in the U.S. Acquisition of the art-history textbook lists of book publisher Harry N. Abrams; Accounts on the co-publishing relationship between Prentice Hall and Abrams; Emphasis on the editorial and production...