Texas Social Studies, Florida Literature Power Pearson Ed. To Top Of EM's 2003 Adoption Scorecard
- Texas Social Studies, Florida Literature Power Pearson Ed. To Top Of EM's 2003 Adoption Scorecard. // Educational Marketer;5/10/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 14, p5
Social studies was the largest adoption opportunity in 2003 and six of the 10 highest selling textbooks in pre-K-8 came from that discipline, including the two top slots in the annual best-seller list of the journal "Educational Marketers" (EM). Sales of these two textbooks combined represented...
- Pearson Education Storms the Alamo to Capture 33% Of the $233.7 Million Texas Social Studies Adoption. // Educational Marketer;8/04/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the decision of electronic publishing firm Pearson Education Inc, in adopting the ï¿½Scott Foresman Social Studies&rqduo; program in Texas. Percentage of the share nationwide; Significance of instructional material; Level of state budget problems.
- Reading, Math, Science Power Pearson Education To First Place In EM's 2001 Adoption Scorecard. // Educational Marketer;12/17/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 36, p1
Reports on the winners of the 2001 textbook adoption season of the journal 'Educational Marketer.' Reason behind the victory of Pearson Education; Discussion on revenue and market share estimates for 2001; States that helped Pearson boost its 2001 book adoption season.
- Pearson Dominates, Harcourt is No. 2 in South Carolina Adoption. // Educational Marketer;11/20/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 33, p6
The article reports on the domination of Pearson Education in the South Carolina K-8 social studies and 6-8 language arts adoption. According to EM estimates, Pearson distinctly dominated the social studies adoption in grades K-5, with an 85% share on sales of $11 million. On the other hand,...
- Partnerships & Acquisitions... // Educational Marketer;12/1/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p8
Cites the teamup between Pearson Scott Foresman and Colonial Williamsburg to create content for Scott Foresman elementary social studies textbooks.
- After Q1, K-12 Publishers Remain Pessimistic About 2004 Growth. // Educational Marketer;5/10/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 14, p6
The article presents information on publishers' pessimism regarding growth in their industry. According to guidance from the three top publishers, there is nothing to change the gloomy 2004 outlook in K-12 publishing. Pearson Education Inc., which generated 1% growth in AK-12 revenue to $1.37...
- Pearson Ed. Creates Early Learning Group, Announces Two Appointments. // Electronic Education Report;05/10/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p2
Reports on Pearson Education's formation of the Pearson Education Early Learning Group, a unit designed to tap into the growing preschool and early literacy market.
- Pearson to Close New Zealand Ed Business. // Educational Marketer;6/17/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 13, p1
The article reports that publisher Pearson Education Inc. is planning to close its educational business in New Zealand by the end of August 2013.
- PEARSON EYES BRAZIL. Penteado, Claudia // Advertising Age;7/29/2002, Vol. 73 Issue 30, p21
The article reports on the negotiations of Pearson, a publishing business, for the acquisition of a minority stake in "Gazeta Mercantil," a business daily in Brazil. There are changes in the Brazilian law governing media businesses which may affect the acquisition of the stake. Negotiations is...