ProQuest Expands Offerings To K-12 Classroom Market With Acquisition Of Reading A-Z
- ProQuest Expands Offerings With Acquisition Of Reading A-Z. // Electronic Education Report;5/14/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p5
K-12 and college information aggregator ProQuest Information and Learning Co. has acquired K-12 reading resource publisher Reading A-Z in the U.S. Founded in 2002, Reading A-Z offers downloadable, printable books, including French and Spanish-language books, lesson plans and worksheets targeted...
- Premium payoffs from cross-selling when firms combine. Clemente, Mark N.; Greenspan, David S. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p29
Discusses how merging companies in the United States can profit from cross-selling across customer bases. Steps that must be taken immediately following the deal's closing; Training and compensating the salesforce; Barriers to dialogue among sales personnel. INSET: Aiming high.
- Cambridge Scientific Abstracts acquires Materials... // Advanced Materials & Processes;Jul96, Vol. 150 Issue 1, p59
Reports that Cambridge Scientific Abstracts (CSA) has acquired Materials Information, a computerized resource on materials and materials abstracts from the American Society for Metals International and the Institute of Materials. Information on Materials Information; Details on the agreement;...
- ProQuest To Acquire Bigchalk.com, Welcoming The Library and Curriculum Service Back Home. // Electronic Education Report;12/20/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the acquisition of Bigchalk.com Inc. by ProQuest Inc. in the U.S. Presence of ProQuest in the K-12 Internet business; Formation of the business unit within the I&L division of the ProQuest; Business operations of ProQuest.
- ProQuest Acquires ExploreLearning And Grows Revenue 3% In 2004. // Educational Marketer;3/14/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p5
Reports on the acquisition of ExploreLearning by ProQuest Information & Learning in Charlottesville, Virginia. Production of online simulations or manipulatives for math and science; Terms involved in the transactions; Other business plans for the development of the company.
- ProQuest to buy company. Shea, Bill // Crain's Detroit Business;6/16/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p2
The article reports that Ann Arbor, Michigan-based ProQuest Co., which produces database software for libraries, researchers and education, has signed a deal to buy Cary, North Carolina-based Dialog Corp., an online information-retrieval-system company owned by Thomson Reuters Corp. It reports...
- ProQuest Acquires SIRS Publishing. // Information Today;Sep2003, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the acquisition of SIRS Publishing Inc. by ProQuest Information and Learning. Background of the two companies; Benefits of the merger to the two companies.
- Cambridge scientific acquires materials information. // Industrial Heating;Oct96, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p26
Presents information on the acquisition of Materials Information by Cambridge Scientific Abstracts. Background information on the companies.
- ProQuest Acquires bigchalk. McKinley, Shay K.; Miller, Matthew // T H E Journal;Apr2003, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the acquisition of bigchalk by the ProQuest Co. Benefits of the acquisition; Products supplied by bigchalk and ProQuest.