Consolidation and the Clearing Merry-Go-Round
- Market snapshot. // Securities Industry News;02/22/99, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p4
Presents a graph on the volumes of securities processed by the New York Clearing House in 1998.
- Scandinavia Revisits $4 Alliance Concept. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;7/16/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 28, p4
Reports that Scandinavian securities clearinghouses are resurrecting the concept of an alliance called Nordiclear in securities settlement. Reason behind the clearinghouses' move; Prediction that Denmark and Sweden's depositories will be the first to adopt a central counterparty securities...
- Risky Business for Some Clearers? // Traders Magazine;Jun2012, Vol. 25 Issue 337, p11
The article highlights the results of a study by LaRoche Research Partners that examined the expenses and risk profiles of 10 major clearing brokerages.
- Let the Seller Beware. Bresiger, Gregory // Securities Industry News;Summer2010 Supplement, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the opportunities and hazards for clearing firms in doing business with a high-frequency trading (HFT) client, one on regulations imposed by lawmakers, and a feature article on Broadcort.
- Crest, Bank of England, banking group look to boost DVP. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;10/18/99, Vol. 11 Issue 41, p12
Focuses on the Bank of England Crest's and clearinghouses' formation of a committee to tackle the improvement of the delivery of securities transactions in Great Britain. Link of settlement system for securities with the bank's real-time gross payment system; Achievement of the level of...
- Spain: regulation of book-entry securities. Morenco, Jorge Martí; Smith, Carlos de Cárdenas; Aldwinckle, Ralph; Earle, Phyllida // Accountancy;Jul1992, Vol. 110 Issue 1187, p110
This article reports on the implementation of the Royal Decree 116/1992 of February 14, 1992 on securities represented by book entry and settlement and clearing transactions in Spain. It develops certain provisions of Law 24/1988 on the securities market in three ways. First, it sets forth rules...
- Trade Failure Woes Continue, Omgeo Warns. // Traders Magazine;Sep2012, Vol. 25 Issue 340, p7
The article focuses on trade operations organization Omgeo's white paper "How to Make Settlement More Efficient and Less Risky" which warns about the securities clearing and settlement standards in the U.S.
- ECSDA Tries to Harmonize. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;4/19/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p8
Reports on the steps taken by the European Central Securities Depositories Association to eliminate barriers to efficient clearing and settlement in Europe by April 2005. Recommendations of the association; Local depositories cited that do not meet the association's standards for operating...
- Clearing Firms Make a Statement With Their Brokerage Statements. Hintze, John // Securities Industry News;12/20/2004 Supp Clearing, p5
Reports on the impact of the financial statements issued by the clearing companies of broker-dealers to correspondent clients. Information on Dalbar's fifth annual ranking of brokerage firm statements in 2004; Significance of financial statements to brokers and dealers; Factors that affect the...