Is Trump Laying Cards on Table?
- You're Bankrupt! Adkins, Greg; Wong, Marisa; Wren, Jennifer; Baker, KC; Biermann, Rachel; Dagostino, Mark; Fleeman, Michael; Hamashige, Hope; Helling, Steve; Laudadio, Marisa; Nussbaum, Gail; Paley, Rebecca; Stoynoff, Natasha; Stueven, Michele; Warrick, Pamela // People;
Describes the financial woes of Donald Trump, who is filing for bankruptcy protection for his Trump Hotels & Casino Resorts Inc. His announcement that he will file Chapter 11 bankruptcy on August 9, 2004 to help pay down $1.8 billion in debt; His net worth of $2.5 billion despite the...
- Trump's latest chumps. Allen, Jodie T. // U.S. News & World Report;4/12/2004, Vol. 136 Issue 12, p35
Focuses on Donald Trump, chairman and chief executive of Trump Hotels & Casino Resorts. Mention of Trump's television program, "The Apprentice"; Financial problems of Trump Hotels; Trump's denial that Trump Hotels is near bankruptcy; Views of analysts; Outlook for the business.
- Recapitalizing The Donald. Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/23/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the steps taken by investment banker Scott Butera to recapitalize real estate magnate Donald Trump's Trump Hotels & Casino Resorts. Agreement with DLJ Merchant Banking Partners; Objective of debt restructuring; Threat made to bondholders.
- Trump Bankruptcy Rumors Swirl. J.B. // High Yield Report;5/10/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the alleged prepackaged bankruptcy for Donald Trump's Atlantic City, New Jersey-based gaming company Trump Hotels and Casino Inc. Claim that Trump wants bondholders to take a discount on their investments as he attempts to restructure the company's debt; Concern of bondholders over...
- Trumped. Holtmann, Andy // Casino Journal;Oct2004, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p12
Reports on the plan of Atlantic City, New Jersey-based Trump Hotels & Casino Resorts owned by Donald Trump to file for bankruptcy. Change in the position of Trump in the company; Decrease in the stake of Trump.
- The lump Trump sum. // Business News New Jersey;4/14/97, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the amount of salary received by Donald Trump as chief of Trump Hotels & Casino Resorts Inc.
- Trump decides to put his own casino assets on the table. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/26/98, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p5
Reports on real estate magnate Donald Trump's plan to unload Trump Hotels & Casino Resorts Inc.'s casino assets. Negotiations with two major real estate investment trusts concerning a possible sale of the assets; Properties owned and operated by Trump Hotels & Casino Resorts; Speculation about...
- Donald Trump: An ex-loser is back in the money. Tully, Shawn // Fortune;7/22/1996, Vol. 134 Issue 2, p86
Looks at the successful comeback of Donald Trump after being in debt five years ago. Atlantic City as the vehicle for his success; Financial information on his seaside resort; How his recovery shows that he is a business genius; Expansion plans for the Atlantic City resort; The pulling off of...
- Bloomberg. // Business News New Jersey;4/17/96, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p56
Reports on the approval from bondholders given to Donald Trump's plan to buy his Taj Mahal casino into his public company, Trump Hotels & Casino Resorts Inc. in Atlantic City, New Jersey.