Clash of the Titans
- Waste Connections buys Kansas assets. Gynn, Ann M. // Waste News;05/22/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on Waste Connections Inc.'s acquisition of Allied Waste Industries Inc.'s assets in Kansas. Annual revenues of the Kansas assets; Part of Allied Waste's divestiture plan; Transfer station permit for Sedgwick County, Kansas.
- The gathering of suppliers. // Waste Age;Oct99, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p54
Focuses on the impact of the mergers and consolidations in the solid waste industry on similar moves among equipment suppliers and manufacturers serving the industry. Merged solid waste companies; Increased demand for equipment and other supplies due to the mergers; Efforts of the equipment...
- Merger will create new number three. Johnson, Jim // Waste & Recycling News;6/21/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p36
The article reports on the merger of Toronto, Ontario-based IESI-BFC Inc. and Waste Services Inc. It notes that the integration will make them as North America's third-largest solid waste management company which is expected to have annual revenue of approximately 1.6 million U.S. dollars....
- News briefs. // World Wastes;Jul97, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p6
Reports on mergers and acquisitions in the United States refuse disposal industry.
- News briefs. // World Wastes;Jul97, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p14
Reports on mergers and acquisitions in the refuse disposal industry of the United States. Eastern Environmental Services' acquisition of the rights to operate Sanitary District No. 1 in New York City; Republic Industries Inc.'s acquisition of National Serv-All.
- News briefs. // World Wastes;Jul97, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p22
Reports on mergers and acquisitions in the United States refusal disposal industry.
- Public sector watches deal warily. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;03/16/98, Vol. 3 Issue 44, p2
Reports on the response of the public-sector to the proposed acquisition agreement of USA Waste Services Incorporated and Waste Management Incorporated. Concerns of some observers on the acquisition; Compares the operations of the two waste management firms; Comments by key individuals on the...
- An unusual seller's market. France, Steve // Waste News;04/20/98, Vol. 3 Issue 49, p9
Opinion. Comments on acquisitions and merger activity in the waste management industry in the United States. Reference to Casella Waste Systems Incorporated and Waste Industries Incorporated; What selling represents for businesses.
- Allied and Republic complete purchases. // Waste News;01/06/97, Vol. 2 Issue 33, p23
Reports on two waste industry acquisitions made on December 30, 1996. Laidlaw Incorporated's acquisition by Allied Waste Industries Incorporated; Purchasing price Allied paid for Laidlaw; Acquisition of Continental Waste Industries Incorporated by Republic Industries Incorporated; Number of...