Spinning Software Solutions
- Pushing Waste Diversion Beyond 50%. Gertman, Richard // MSW Management;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p70
Reports on the waste diversion program being implemented at Portola Valley in San Francisco, California. Population of the community; Details of waste management services franchise agreement; Information on its contract with Environmental Planning Consultants.
- Watching the Weight, Saving on Expense. Brzozowski, Carol // MSW Management;Oct2009, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p34
The article discusses the topic concerning truck scales combined with data management in waste disposal in the U.S. Jon Leeds, vice president of Carolina Software, points out the importance of accurate data as a foundation of any solid waste management operation. He also mentions the help...
- WMI wins five-year deal with Long Island town. Gynn, Ann M. // Waste News;10/16/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 21, p4
Reports that an independent review team's recommendation that Waste Management Inc. be granted the five-year contract for commercial collections for Babylon, New York, has led to the city's approval of the contract with the hauler. Composition of the independent review panel; Terms of the contract.
- WASTE NEWS PRICING REPORT. // Waste News;8/30/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p22
The article presents information related to the latest prices from the waste management industry. Prices for all cities were updated the week ended August 20, 2004. Old corrugated container prices have dropped over the past month, and a decrease in export tonnage has left adequate material for...
- Resource revolution. Jones, Peter // Local Authority Waste & Recycling;Sep2012, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p16
The article discusses the transformation happening in the commercial and industrial waste sector of Great Britain and the challenges ahead amidst the increasing value of waste as a resource. It recounts the previous assumption held that commercial and industrial companies are incapable of...
- Trash ON THE Tracks. Jackson, Nancy Mann // Waste Age;Oct2008, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p26
The article reports on efforts by New York City to haul municipal solid waste to disposal sites via railcar to help minimize waste-related traffic congestion and truck emissions in the city as part of its Solid Waste Management Plan (SWMP). All New York City Department of Sanitation (DSNY)...
- A Balancing Act. Call, Dave; Benco, Joe // Waste Age;Apr2009, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p34
The article focuses on design issues and community concerns in developing or expanding a landfill in the U.S. The complex process of successful siting of a landfill is a multi-pronged effort that must weigh environmental and engineering issues with political challenges, economic viability and...
- UPDATES. // Waste Age;Mar2005, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p10
Presents updates on the solid waste industry in the U.S. as of March 2005. Action taken by Waste Management Inc. to expand its medical waste operations; Tag line of Heil Environmental; Web sites related to waste management.
- PAY-AS-YOU-THROW TRASH PRICING. Hallas-Burt, Shanna; Halstead, John M. // BioCycle;Sep2004, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p30
Focuses on the dynamics of managing solid waste management and the effect of collection costs on appropriate dumping and waste disposal in the U.S. Alternative means of disposal that are considered illegal; Relationship between the marginal price of pay-as-you-throw service and waste generation;...