- In brief. // Waste News;06/07/99, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p6
Presents news briefs pertaining to the solid waste management industry in the United States. Includes Waste Management Inc.'s notification of Virginia officials that more illegally dumped medical waste was found at its King County landfill; Med/Waste Inc.'s decision to delay filing of its 1998...
- At deadline. // Waste News;06/21/99, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p1
Presents a roundup of news pertaining to the waste disposal industry in the United States. Includes the conclusion of a strike by a local Teamsters union against Waste Management Inc. of Fort Worth, Texas; Increase in trash imports to Virginia in 1998; Steve Saarinen's initiation of a...
- Pumping Up a Clean Up. Sharke, Paul // Design News;11/21/2005, Vol. 60 Issue 17, p49
The article reports on the usefulness of diesel-driven shredders from SSI Shredding Systems Inc. for disaster-afflicted areas where electricity is a problem. Mark Fowler, SSI senior product manager, stated that the company has ordered from Parker-Dension three primary waste reducers which will...
- At deadline. // Waste News;09/06/99, Vol. 5 Issue 17, p1
Compiles waste management industry news in the United States recent to September 6, 1999. Includes delistment of Envirosource Inc. from the Nasdaq stock exchange; 1999 first and second quarter financial performance of Med/Waste Inc.
- 2002 PRODUCT SPOTLIGHTS. // Waste News;11/25/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p16
Presents products related to landfill industry. Features of the Marathon Equipment; Benefits of Airspace Saver Daily Cover; Shredding system by SSI Shredding Systems Inc.
- Carter tightens grip on trash biz. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;10/12/98, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p3
Focuses on how Waste Management Inc., (WMI) has emerged as a dominating force in New York City, New York's commercial carting market. Details on the fears that were prompted as a result; Views of industry experts on WMI's consolidation of the local market; Information on the company's control...
- Miller time. // Waste News;11/17/97, Vol. 3 Issue 27, p1
Highlights the reorganization plan of Waste Management Inc.
- WMI officials establish foundation for families. Brown, Bob // Waste News;06/28/99, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p4
Reports on Waste Management Inc.'s creation of a foundation designed to support children of refuse disposal industry workers faced by financial difficulties. Industry executives' cash donations for the foundation.
- WMI's silence is deafening. // Waste News;07/12/99, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p12
Editorial. Comments on the disappointing financial performance of Waste Management Inc. Reaction of investors; Reaction of company to disappointing results.