- AT DEADLINE. // Waste News;05/15/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p1
Presents news briefs pertaining to the refuse disposal industry in the United States as of May 15, 2000. Industrial Services of America Inc.'s plan to form an electronic business division; Robert E. Dees Jr.'s appointment as senior vice president of personnel at Waste Management Inc.
- Carter tightens grip on trash biz. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;10/12/98, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p3
Focuses on how Waste Management Inc., (WMI) has emerged as a dominating force in New York City, New York's commercial carting market. Details on the fears that were prompted as a result; Views of industry experts on WMI's consolidation of the local market; Information on the company's control...
- Miller time. // Waste News;11/17/97, Vol. 3 Issue 27, p1
Highlights the reorganization plan of Waste Management Inc.
- WMI officials establish foundation for families. Brown, Bob // Waste News;06/28/99, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p4
Reports on Waste Management Inc.'s creation of a foundation designed to support children of refuse disposal industry workers faced by financial difficulties. Industry executives' cash donations for the foundation.
- WMI's silence is deafening. // Waste News;07/12/99, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p12
Editorial. Comments on the disappointing financial performance of Waste Management Inc. Reaction of investors; Reaction of company to disappointing results.
- Escape from New York. Gynn, Ann M. // Waste News;10/02/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p1
Reports that Waste Management Inc. has dropped its customers from three New York City boroughs. Reason for the withdrawal of the waste disposal firm from the area; Impact of the pull-out of Waste Management Inc.; Absence of a transfer station in Staten Island, New York.
- IN BRIEF. // Waste News;1/7/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p6
No abstract available.
- WMI changes policies for brokers. Gynn, Ann M. // Waste News;01/15/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 33, p3
Focuses on the changes in the companywide broker policy of refuse disposal firm Waste Management Inc. Creation of a regional system with five negotiators; Major features of the broker policy; Expected benefits of the policy for Waste Management.
- No analysis. Brown, Bob // Waste News;11/29/99, Vol. 5 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the movement of waste management companies stock prices. Drop in share prices of Waste Management Inc.; Effect of such drop to the prospects of smaller companies.