- Calif. company adds 14. Brown, Bob // Waste News;04/12/99, Vol. 4 Issue 48, p3
Discusses Waste Connections Inc.'s major acquisitions that strengthen its position in the United States trash industry. Firms and properties acquired during the first quarter of 1999; Impact of the Finley Buttes landfill and transfer station operator Columbia Resources Corp. to the development...
- Growth spurt. Brown, Bob // Waste News;07/12/99, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p7
Reports on the increase of the revenue profits of Waste Connections Inc. Success of practice of purchasing smaller companies and building individual markets; Salina Waste Systems Inc.; Purchase of three companies that operate landfills; Purchase of garbage collection operation from Republic...
- Waste connections grows. Brown, Bob // Waste News;08/16/99, Vol. 5 Issue 14, p1
Focuses on the purchase of independent waste hauling firm International Environmental Industries Inc. by Waste Connections Inc. Impact of purchase on business operations of Waste Connections; Value of combined companies; Purchase price estimate; Company background and business operations of...
- Waste Connections buys Kansas assets. Gynn, Ann M. // Waste News;05/22/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on Waste Connections Inc.'s acquisition of Allied Waste Industries Inc.'s assets in Kansas. Annual revenues of the Kansas assets; Part of Allied Waste's divestiture plan; Transfer station permit for Sedgwick County, Kansas.
- Waste Connections buys nine. Brown, Bob // Waste News;10/11/99, Vol. 5 Issue 22, p3
Reports on the acquisition of several waste hauler firms by Waste Connections Inc. Includes Iowa-based Whaley Waste Systems Inc.; Sweethome Sanitation Inc. in Oregon; Allied Disposal Co. in California; Annual revenues of the companies.
- Calif. firm buys Orem waste company for $5.5 million. McKinzie, B. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;07/06/98, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p1
Reports on California-based Waste Connections Inc.'s entry into Utah's solid-waste disposal market with its acquisition of Contractors' Waste Removal LC of Orem. Retention of nearly all of Contractors' employees; Estimated annualized revenues from Waste Connections' acquisitions completed since...
- $300M solid waste gem. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;8/18/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p4
The article informs that Waste Connections Inc. is paying more than $300 million to acquire Harold LeMay Enterprises of Tacoma, Washington, and a portion of an associated landfill. Waste Connections also co-owns the Pierce County landfill with LeMay and buying out its partner in that disposal...
- News briefs. // World Wastes;Jul97, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p6
Reports on mergers and acquisitions in the United States refuse disposal industry.
- News briefs. // World Wastes;Jul97, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p14
Reports on mergers and acquisitions in the refuse disposal industry of the United States. Eastern Environmental Services' acquisition of the rights to operate Sanitary District No. 1 in New York City; Republic Industries Inc.'s acquisition of National Serv-All.