Improvements in Dynamics Mold Recycled Plastics' Future
- The vinyl analysis. Broydo, Leora // Mother Jones;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p23
Focuses on the status of plastic recycling in the United States. Account on the study by the Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) on plastic recycling in the United States; Brief information on the increased production of plastic; Assertions on the recycling efforts of the plastic industry. INSET:...
- 1999 survey of N. American plastics recyclers & brokers. // Plastics News;5/24/1999, Vol. 11 Issue 14, p9
Presents graphs depicting plastics recycling in North America, for 1999.
- Seeking key to recycling. // Plastics News;9/3/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 27, p6
Cites the decline in the United States plastics recycling rate in 2000 and the proposals to address the issue.
- U.S. recycled gear purchases lag. Toloken, Steve // Waste News;10/27/97, Vol. 3 Issue 24, p27
Reports on the efforts of the United States federal government to boost decreasing recycling markets by purchasing certain items and common office products made with recycled plastic. Information on federal agencies' efforts to purchase items made from recycled plastic since May, 1996; Comments...
- Bottle recycling rate drops. Toloken, Steve // Plastics News;7/17/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 20, p3
Reports on the decline of the United States plastic bottle recycling rate in 1999, compared with 1998 figures. Concern of environmentalists on the increase of plastic bottles in landfills; Complaint of recyclers on the unavailability of material; Proposal for the improvement of the existing...
- Bottle bills stand the test of time. Franklin, Pat // Waste News;03/06/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 42, p8
Asserts that an economic incentive is essential to curb the growing amounts of waste polyethylene terephthalate (PET) single-serve bottles in the United States. Steady decline in PET recycling rate; Recycling rates of states with deposit systems; Other benefits offered by deposit systems for...
- Pa. recyclers plan for the future. Truini, Joe // Waste News;06/12/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p3
Highlights the views of participants in a round table discussion about the plans of Pennsylvania recycler to cope with the evolving polyethylene terephthalate (PET) container market. Concerns about the increasing variety of colors, shapes and sizes of PET containers; Guidelines as to what to...
- APR clarifies recycling program. Cotchan, Robin // Plastics News;1/29/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 48, p6
Comments on the recycling program of the Association of PostConsumer Plastic Recyclers (APR) in North America. Use for bottlemakers with plastics recycling infrastructure; Benefits of keeping used bottles contractible; Recognition of APR towards recyclability efforts.
- European resin makers maintain recycling targets. Sivaraman, S. // Chemical Business;June99, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p13
Reports on the growth of post consumer plastic recycling in Europe. Amount of plastics recycled in 1997; Status of profits from the recycling industry; Information on an end of use vehicle directive expected to be drafted by the European Commission; Country leading in the demonstration of the...