Site Specificity of Regular Health Club Exercise on Muscle Strength, Fitness, and Bone Density in Women Aged 29 to 45 Years
- LADY POWER. // American Fitness;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p68
This article reports on the launch of Power Plale pro5 Acceleration Training machines in health clubs of women's fitness center chain Lady of America across the U.S. in 2008. Lady of America director of marketing Tori Negas stressed the aim to encourage women to view exercise as a healthy...
- YOUR BEACH-BODY BOOT CAMP. MACKENZIE, NATALIE GINGERICH // Women's Health;Jun2011, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p134
This article discusses the rising popularity of boot-camp classes among women who wanted to have a sexy body. It highlights an increase in the number of gyms with boot-camp classes on their roster to meet their demand. It attributes the trend to the need for simple moves and minimal equipment....
- Guiding Members Through Individualized Circuit Strength Programs. Peavey, Heather // Fitness Management;Jun2007, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p56
The article offers ideas to increase the popularity of circuit strength training programs at fitness centers. According to Lawndale Christian Fitness Center supervisor Montsho Fowler, the facility has experienced great success with group training circuit classes since it opened in 2005. The...
- PRESSED FOR TIME. Fitzgerald, Rob // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Dec2009, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p114
The article suggests various exercises designed to be in and out of the gym in 20 minutes or less while still accomplishing a major training objective. As people engage in the two biggest time-wasters in the gym, they need more than an hour to complete their workouts. It is advised to use one...
- Gimmicky Workout. // New York;3/13/2006, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p100
The article features Stiletto Strength at Crunch in New York City offering physical fitness exercises that promote strength for the body.
- Exclusive Exercise. Bannan, Karen // Arthritis Today;Nov-Dec2003, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p27
Focuses on the popularity of women-only health clubs in the U.S. Description of the program at most clubs; Benefits of women from such concept; Fitness training tips. INSET: Women Workout Where?.
- SHAKE IT OFF! // Health & Fitness Magazine;Jan2016, p18
The article reports on the health benefits of dance exercise, considered as one of the most popular activities for girls in England based on the Exercise, Movement & Dance Partnership (EMDP) Survey. The exercise's health benefits include relieving stress, burning fats and building muscle...
- Burn rubber. DEMILLO WAGNER, GINA // Shape;Dec2015, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p78
The article talks about tires as multipurpose workout tools. Topics discussed include its features such as its weight which can be used to build upper body muscles, and its rubber composition which allows low-impact base on hips, ankles, and knees. It also talks about its use in the...
- MIND OVER MATTER. Shelley, Lynnette // Club Industry (07478283);Mar2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p24
Reports on the trend in mind-body-spirit (MBS) exercise in health clubs in the U.S. Factors that drive the growth of MBS programming; Technique in MBS marketing. INSET: Types of Mind Body Spirit Classes.