DBS Providers Are Gaining Fast
- 2Q Review: Satellite Cools, Cablevision Probes Options. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/14/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p4
The article reports on the decline in subscriber growth at DirecTV Group Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. in the second quarter of 2006 in the U.S. The revenue and cash flow of DirecTV has improved. The decline resulted in the decision of the cable networks to focus on high-quality...
- EchoStar Reports 270K More Subs, Higher Sales, Net. Olenick, Doug // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;8/18/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p49
Deals with sales reported by EchoStar Communications as of August 18, 2003. Sales profit posted by the company; Growth of subscribers; Information on the company's free cash flow.
- DirecTV Post Gains; Echostar Profit Slips. // Satellite News;11/13/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p5
The article reports on the financial performance of direct broadcast satellite provider DirecTV Group Inc. and satellite-TV provider Echostar Communications Corp. during the third quarter. DirecTV reported that its revenues increased 13% in 2006, while its net income more than tripled to $370...
- ECHOSTAR REVS DISHY. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;3/5/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 43, p8
Reports on the performance of EchoStar Communications Corp. after the failed merger with DirecTV in the U.S. Growth in the number of subscribers; Percentage of increase in revenues; Expectations of chief executive Charlie Ergen on the free cash flows.
- EchoStar Posts $35.1M Net For Q3. Malester, Jeff // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/24/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p8
Reports on the earnings of EchoStar Communications in the third quarter of 2003. Comparison with year earlier results; Total company revenue for the quarter; Factors which contributed to the quarterly revenue gain.
- EchoStar Revenue Jumps 28%, Reports Profit. Malester, Jeff // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/9/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p133
This article discusses the financial performance of satellite TV equipment sales and support and Dish Network provider EchoStar Communications in the U.S. as of May 2005. EchoStar increased first-quarter revenue 28 percent, hitting $2 billion for the three months ended March 31. Operating income...
- Dish dines on subs at cabler expense. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;8/10/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the number of cable subscribers added to the Dish Network of EchoStar Communications Corp. in the U.S. Profits earned by the cable operator; Effect of the satellite pay television business on cable television; Number of subscribers added by DirecTV Inc.
- EchoStar's Ergen Claims Satellite Prices Will Rise. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);11/18/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 43, p5
Reports that EchoStar will be forced to raise rates in line with cable operators. Alternative of EchoStar for the proposed merger with DirecTV; Growth in revenue of the company for the third quarter of 2002; Net loss posted by the company for the quarter.
- Quality, control. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/16/2007, Vol. 402 Issue 10, p15
The article provides information about the profits of DirecTV Inc. in the third quarter of the financial year of 2007. Goldman, Sachs & Co. analyst Anthony Noto has warned that subscriber acquisition and marketing costs will go up for DirecTV due to tactical missteps taken by its competitor...