Digital Won't Drain Capital
- A Tale of Four Calls. Gibbon, Kent // Multichannel News;8/4/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p40
Focuses on the telephone conversation of the author with executives of four major multisystem operators in the U.S. Views expressed by executives of Comcast Corp. and Cox Communications Inc.; Comments of executives of Insight Inc. and Charter Communications Inc.
- Good Things Come First. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/12/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p1
The article focuses on the financial performance of U.S.-based multisystem operator (MSO) in the first quarter of 2003. Comcast Corp.'s revenue rose 10% in the quarter, to $5.2 billion, and cash flow was up 22% to $1.6 billion. Of the four major MSO that reported earnings, Charter Communications...
- Characters Lend Personality to MSO Brands. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;04/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p3
Reports on Cox Communications Inc. and Insight Communications Co. Inc.'s recruitment of recurring characters to lend personality to their cable television advertising and branding efforts in the United States. Themes of the cable companies' separate advertising campaigns; Key characters in the...
- RedZone Scores Distributors. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;9/13/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p44
The article reports on the commencement of the sophomore season of NFL Network's RedZone television channel on September 12, 2010 with some 80 affiliates, including Cox Communications, Insight Communications and Suddenlink Communications.
- Comcast to take over local insight cable operations. Heikens, Norm // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/9/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p43
The article reports on the agreement between cable companies Comcast corp. and Insight Communications Co. Inc. that Comcast will take over all of the territory in Indiana now managed by Insight. The transition includes Insight customers from Anderson, Bloomington and Lafayette. Comcast is...
- Splitsville for Comcast-Insight. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/3/2007, Vol. 398 Issue 50, p12
The article reports that cable operators Comcast Corp. and Insight Communications Co. have agreed to divide cable systems they have owned in a joint venture. In the transaction, Comcast will get control over cable systems serving Illinois customers and Insight will get its hands on cable systems...
- SUFFERING SECTOR. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/2/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the performance of multiple systems operators (MSO) in the U.S. as of August 2004. Number of basic subscribers lost by Comcast Corp.; Customers lost by Insight Communications Co.; Stock prices of the top MSO in the country.
- Insight Severs Comcast Pact. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/2/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p3
Reports on the decision of Insight Communications Co. to terminate a management agreement with Comcast Corp. Overview of the contract; Revenue growth of Insight for the quarter of 2004; Number of additional subscribers of Insight.
- Cablers Gear for Tiers. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;6/30/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p21
Cable operators continue battling their digital subscriber line foes, they are delving increasingly into tiered data services to hit a wider target audience. The latest to take a step into tiering is Insight Communications Co., which soft-launched a higher-speed InsightBB.com Plus, May 12 in all...