- Extending ESPN's Empire. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;1/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p12A
Profiles Lee Ann Daly, senior vice president of marketing for U.S. cable television network ESPN. Family and educational background; Career highlights; Her professional achievements that made an impact on the industry.
- CABLE TV. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;05/22/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p12
Presents news briefs on cable television broadcasting as of May 22, 2000. Joint television coverage of the murder trial of Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis by Court TV and ESPN; Plans of Cablevision to create a tracking stock for Rainbow Media Holdings; Deal between Showtime Networks and...
- SPENDING ITS DOLLARS INHOUSE. Dempsey, John // Variety;06/11/2001, Vol. 383 Issue 4, p32
Focuses on the output deals of Showtime Networks with motion picture studios. Details on its output deal with Walt Disney company; Success of the company in airing theatrical movies; Information on the output deal of the network with independent film distributors.
- Play ball! L. J. B. // Industrial Laser Solutions;Aug2006, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p8
The article reports that the television broadcasting company ESPN Inc. turned to laser marking to highlight its coverage of sports in the U.S. The company was looking for baseball footage that it would use to introduce all of its basebal-related segments, SportsCenter, and baseball games....
- ESPNU Prepares For Kickoff. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;2/28/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the television broadcasting by ESPN Inc. of shows that are devoted to college events in February 2005. Sports that will be aired on ESPN; Investigation on the company's practice of televising.
- Shooting and Scoring. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;5/23/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p25
Looks at the impact of reality-competition television programs on the ratings of ESPN Original Entertainment. Description of the television programs; Impact of the loss of National Hockey League playoff contests on the network; Outlook for the ratings of the network.
- Mobile ESPN Reboots Via Verizon Wireless. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;2/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p12
The article reports that ESPN's mobile video and content service will have a second service through an exclusive, multi-year deal with Verizon Wireless. The Mobile ESPN service will be available to Verizon Wireless' V Cast service subscribers. The carrier will offer the application ESPN...
- ESPN in the cross hairs. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;06/11/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 24, pSR22
Discusses the economic status of cable television network ESPN as of June 11, 2001. Recognition of the ESPN brand name worldwide; Household ratings of ESPN in 2001; Revenue in 2000.
- ESPN to Add HD Channel; Plans Full-Time 'Deportes' Kramer, Staci D. // Cable World (10427228);9/30/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 36, p8
Deals with the plan of ESPN to add cable television networks in its lineup in 2003. Objective of the company for launching ESPN HD; Information on ESPN Deportes.