HITS Adds, VOD, HD Options
- Interactive TV: It's baaaaack! // CED;Oct99, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p12
Reports on the creation of the Interactive Offerings Group by AT&T to create interactive services for broadband customers. Development of AT&T interactive television strategy; Expansion of the National Digital Television Center.
- TCI's mega-digital center. Suydam, Margot // Broadcasting & Cable;01/11/99, Vol. 129 Issue 2, p74
Provides information on the National Digital Television Center Inc. digital facility of Tele-Communications Inc. in Los Angeles, California. Features of the facility; Services offered; Technical capabilities.
- OpenTV Signs HITS Deal. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;1/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p40
Reports the negotiation of OpenTV Inc. with Headend in the Sky (HITS) to establish its middleware and content service to 275 HITS affiliates in the United States. Plan to offer HITS affiliates on-demand news, sports information, weather and gaming applications; Payment of access fee for the...
- HITS gets Liberated. Grotticelli, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;8/27/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 36, p31
Focuses on a multiyear agreement between United States-based Liberate Technologies and AT&T's Headend In The Sky satellite service. Efforts to jump-start lagging interest in interactive television (ITV); Delivery of ITV services to 140 cable operators in the United States.
- HITS Eyes Further Operator Customization. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;05/22/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p16
Features the efforts of Headend in the Sky to increase the distribution of its HITS2Home satellite overlay service. Equipment pitched by the firm that allows small operators to custom-tailor their digital channel lineups; Estimate of the actual subscribers of the HITS2Home service.
- Small Systems Rethink Digital. Tombes, Jonathan // Communications Technology;May2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on the bankruptcy of WSNet and its impact on several small cable operators in the U.S. Information on the digital cable package offered by WSNet; Obstacles to system transition; Advantages of the QuickTake service of Headend In the Sky.
- OpenTV, HITS Linkup Could Aid Small Ops. Stump, Matt; Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;7/30/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p52
Focuses on OpenTV Inc.'s plan to sign a deal with Headend in the Sky. Chance for the firm to tap into satellite transponders to deliver virtual interactive channels to cable operators; Goal of encouraging programming affiliates to author enhanced-television programming.
- ITV Gets Push from Liberate-HITS Deal. Baumgartner, Jeff; Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;8/27/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p1
Focuses on Liberate Technologies Inc.'s signing of a deal with AT&T Broadband's Headend in the Sky (HITS) interactive television (ITV) subsidiary. Terms of the agreement; Companies' plan of offering a suite of ITV applications to HITS affiliates.
- HITS enters digital surround with Dolby 5.1. // CED;Sep2002, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p18
Reports that AT and T's Headend in the Sky is offering Dolby Digital 5.1 audio on select premium services following a technology deal with Dolby Laboratories.