PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- Diary dates. // BKSTS Journal;Aug1975, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p334
The article presents a calendar of events in the television production and broadcasting in 1975 and 1976. The International Scientific Film Congress will be held on August 7-14. The Edinburgh Film Festival, will be held on August 24 to September 7. The International Radio and TV Exhibition 1975,...
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;11/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p28
Reports on personnel changes and special events in television broadcasting as of November 2003. Promotion of T. Scott Fain at ABC Inc.; Appointment of Steve Cipolla at ESPN Consumer Products group; Information on the annual meeting of the New Jersey Cable Telecommunications Association. ...
- Union makes move from sport to news. Bensinger, Ken; Sutter, Mary // Variety;5/17/2004, Vol. 395 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the plan of broadcasters' union the Ibero-American Telecommunications Organization (OTI) to test launch a 24-hour news network that will recycle its members' news programming. Slogan of the Canal nOTIcias; Members of OTI in Latin America; Appointment of Guillermo Canedo White as...
- KOCE Pledge. Rogers, Mel // Orange County Business Journal;7/11/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 28, p43
Comments on a court decision that invalidated the sale of KOCE television station in Orange County, California, from its founding college district to the KOCE-TV Foundation. Issue on whether a competing bid from an out-of-state religious broadcaster should have been awarded the station; Effect...
- Programers TAP into Latin American market. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;10/30/95, Vol. 125 Issue 44, p50
Reports on the formation of TAP (Television Association of Programmers) Latin America by a group of cable television networks in the United States. Move as an effort to expand their business into the Latin America market; Establishment of a standardized ratings measurement system as the first task.
- AICP Show To Reflect Changing Biz. Takaki, Millie // SHOOT;5/26/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p1
The article presents a preview of the 2006 Association of Independent Commercial Producers (AICP) and Lecture Series, slated for June 8, 2006 at the Museum of Art in New York. The AICP Show will reflect a changing industry landscape with nearly all categories. This fare will be eligible for...
- Emmy unspools int'l TV test in Gotham. Guider, Elizabeth // Daily Variety;11/18/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 36, p4
Reports on the hold of the first International Emmy World Television Festival in New York City. Sponsorship of Home Box Office Inc. of a party that opens the event; Role of the International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences in organizing the event; Aim of the event to showcase the best in...
- WELCOME TO WISTERIA LANE. Lisotta, Christopher // Television Week;1/10/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p2
Reveals that ABC will host the semiannual Television Critics Association Press Tour at the Universal City Hilton in Los Angeles, California.
- FREEZE FRAME. // Multichannel News;2/18/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p32
A photo essay is presented highlighting events and conferences related to the cable television and broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of February 2008.