ESPN Sidesteps the Middleman
- AT A GLANCE. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/16/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 33, p19
Presents several statistics of the TV broadcasting industry in the U.S., as of May 2004. TV revenue; Affiliation of several commercial TV stations; Number of cable subscribers.
- X Marks Battle for ESPN, Startup. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;7/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p9
Reports on the dispute between ESPN television network and the X Channel over the use of the X mark trademark. Reaction of X Channel to the demand of ESPN to cease using the X trademark; Investments of ESPN in the X trademark; Plans of the X Channel for its programming.
- Gay-Aimed 'Here! TV' Goes Premium. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;10/4/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p10
Reports on the 24-hour premium network launched in 2004 by Here! TV, formerly just an on-demand and pay-per-view service targeting gay audiences. Pricing for the premium channel; Types of programs included in Here! TV's subscription video-on-demand service; Claims of most cable operators...
- PAY TV OPS PROTEST PLANS FOR GOV'T SERVICE. Amnatcharoen, Bam // Variety;10/11/2004, Vol. 396 Issue 8, p21
Reports on the opposition of provincial pay television (TV) operators in Bangkok, Thailand to the government's plan to launch its own pay TV service. Reason for the opposition of the operators; Number of licensed pay TV operators in the country as of October 11, 2004; Cost of pay TV service...
- Spike To Start, Finally, Aug. 11. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;7/28/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 30, p19
Reports on the renaming of cable television network from The National Network to Spike TV on August 11, 2003. Overview of the programs to be displayed on the channel.
- Cable's Friendly to Families, Beta Finds. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;4/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p20
Provides information on the survey entitled, "2004 Beta Research Brand Identity Study." Top cable television stations that are family-oriented; Perceptions of viewers on advertising clutter; Networks described as entertaining.
- Pay-TV fights to stay ahead of the pack. Blecken, David // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;10/30/2008, p5
The article reports that the state of pay-television (pay-TV) was among the key topics discussed during the Cable and Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia's annual conference in Hong Kong in 2008. The pay-TV industry, which is at its critical development stage in the Asia-Pacific region,...
- Novel notion at Telemundo. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;9/9/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 48, p23
Reports on the decision of Telemundo Group Inc. to relaunch Latin American pay television channel Telemundo International.
- GLOBOSAT IN THE BLACK. Cajueiro, Marcelo // Variety;03/26/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 6, p128
Provides information on the revenue generated by Brazilian pay television programmer GloboSat in its pay-per-view sales during the year 2000. Discussion on the programming of pay television stations; Amount of business losses accumulated by GloboSat company; Details on the profit acquired from...