CEOs: Disney Bid Hurt Our Stock
- Cox's 'Holy Grail' Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;11/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p82
Reports the conditions of cable industry according to Jim Robbins, chief executive officer of Cox Communications in Anaheim, California. Thoughts about trade shows; Attendance of the Western Show; Maintenance of basic-cable market share while increasing revenue of product offerings.
- CABLE EYES TIERS. Mundy, Alicia // Cable World (10427228);5/12/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p3
Reports on the testimony of Jim Robbins, president and chief executive officer of Cox Communications, on the allegations against the cable rates of the company. Speculations on the increase in cable rates of the company; Defense of Robbins on the allegations; His views on the application of...
- Jim Robbins Helped Lead an Industry. GIBBONS, KENT // Multichannel News;10/15/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p30
The article focuses on the death of Jim Robbins, long-time chief executive officer of Cox Communications Inc. The perfect word to be describe Robbins would be "leader." He has helped create a template for the success cable companies in the U.S. now enjoy as full-service telecommunications providers.
- Robbins on Regs. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/23/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 25, p8
The article reports on the opposition of the U.S. government mandate to regulate cable sports nets by Cox Communications chief executive officer Jim Robbins. In a Senate Commerce Committee hearing on cable prices, Robbins replied to Senator John McCain comment that he would like to see the...
- Look Who's Talking... // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/13/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p16
Interviews Jim Robbins, president and CEO of cable service provider Cox Communications Inc., regarding the government's role in the expanding cable industry. Impact of U.S. President Bill Clinton's telecommunication policy on the industry; Opinion of Robbins on the moves to place cable under the...
- B&C INDICES. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/18/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 42, p6
Presents tabular and graphical representations of broadcasting and cable television indices in the U.S. as of October 2004. Clear Channel; Comcast Corp.; Cox Communications; Disney; EchoStar.
- Turning Businesses Into Customers. Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);12/9/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 46, p16
Reports on the interest of cable operators in commercial subscribers. Estimated price of a business cable modem connection; Services provided by Road Runner Business Class; Expected revenue of Cox Business Services for 2002; Details on the Comcast Business Communication unit of Comcast Corp.
- Hooked up. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;08/24/98, Vol. 128 Issue 35, p51
Presents news briefs regarding the cable television network in the United States (US). Appointment of Glenn Britt, president of Time Warner Cable Ventures, as president of the entire cable system division; Details on the plans of Comcast Corp. to add Rainbow Media's regional news channel News...
- A Positive Fleecing. // CableFAX Daily;3/8/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 45, p1
Reports on the event hosted by Cable Positive to honor the legacy of former Cox chief executive Jim Robbins, held in New York City in March 2006. Number of people who attended the event; Value of the Cable Positive public service advertisements pledged to be run by Cox; Plans of Steve Villano,...