Ailing Tauzin Makes Emotional Return
- Tauzin mum on plan to quash cable rates. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;05/18/98, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p1A
Discusses the plans of Republican Billy Tauzin, to implement legislation to govern cable television rates in Washington, commencing June 1998. Significance of Tauzin's announcement; Arguments from analysts on the issue.
- Tauzin offers cities more power over cable. Hatch, David // Electronic Media;08/03/98, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p3
Reports on the legislation introduced by Representative Billy Tauzin during the week of July 31, 1998, that seeks to promote competition against cable and lower rates, by allowing local authorities to extend rate regulations beyond March 1999. Background information on Tauzin; Reference to an...
- Tauzin ponders program-access `fine-tune'. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;11/03/97, Vol. 127 Issue 45, p22
Reports that House Telecommunications Subcommittee Chairman Billy Tauzin is considering to reform cable program rules. Cable competitors' complaints that cable programming does not come easy or cheap; Complaint filed by EchoStar against News Corp.'s Fox Sports Networks.
- Congressional leaders cry smaller cable tiers. Stern, Christopher // Variety;07/27/98, Vol. 371 Issue 11, p17
Deals with the plan of Bill Tauzin, subcommittee chairman of the United States (US) House Telecommunications, to give cable subscribers the ability to tinker with the composition of their basic cable package. Possible implications of the plan; Average monthly cable bill in the US as of July...
- Preaching from the pulpit. Mundy, Alicia // MediaWeek;10/19/98, Vol. 8 Issue 39, p18
Focuses on the proposal of legislator Billy Tauzin to deregulate cable television in the United States. Concerns over the proposal's applicability to individual operators only; Outlook of the bill's approval.
- Sports TV hearings set. // Electronic Media;10/27/97, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p49
Reveals that United States Representative Bill Tauzin (R-La.), chairman of the House telecommunications subcommittee, has scheduled an October 30, 1997 hearing on access to sports programming by cable and satellite television companies.
- Lawmakers take aim to cable rates. Hatch, David // Electronic Media;03/23/98, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p3
Reports that a legislation may be introduced by Representative Bill Tauzin for Louisiana and chairman of the House telecommunications subcommittee, aiming at rising cable rates in the United States. Comments from secretary Ken Johnson; Information on the scheduling of a hearing for cable rates;...
- Taiwan b'casters go on a shopping spree. Webster, Michael // Variety;11/28/94, Vol. 357 Issue 5, p56
Discusses various aspects concerning the cable television industry in Taiwan. Implications of the government regulations on cable television industry; Impact of the Mip Television Asia on the commercial policy regarding the industry; Economic conditions of the industry.
- CAST '83. // BKSTS Journal;May1983, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p242
The article offers information on the International Cable & Satellite Television Exhibition & Conference to be held at National Exhibition Center in Birmingham, England on September 11-14, 1983.