John Sie Retiring as Starz CEO
- MILESTONES IN THE HISTORY OF STARZ! // Television Week;12/20/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p20
Presents a timeline of the progress of Starz Encore Media Group. Launch of the company in 1991; Demonstration of subscription video-on-demand technology in Los Angeles, California on December 2, 1999; Retirement of John Sie as president and CEO on May 7, 2004; Appointment of Robert Clasen as...
- Sie segues as coin woes realign Starz. Dempsey, John; Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;5/10/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the retirement of cable television pioneer John J. Sie from his post as CEO of Starz Encore Group LLC. Reason behind the retirement of Sie; Successor of Sie; Contributions of Sie in Starz Encore Group LLC.
- John J. Sie. // ColoradoBiz;Oct2001, Vol. 28 Issue 10, pC56
Profiles John J. Sie, chief executive officer of Starz Encore Group LLC in Colorado. Expertise on programming, marketing and technological issues; Work experience before joining the cable and satellite provider; Service on various industry committees.
- Man of Ideas. Haley, Kathy // CED;Nov2003 Supplement, Vol. 29, p22B
Profiles John J. Sie, founder, chairman and CEO of Starz Encore Group LLC in the U.S. Career background; Educational attainment; Contributions made to the cable industry. INSET: John J. Sie April 12,1936 Nanking, China.
- A Vision for the Future of TV. Sandler, Adam // Television Week;12/20/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p16
Features John Sie, founder, chairman and former CEO of Starz Encore Group. Contributions to the television industry; Outlook for the industry; Personal background.
- Subscription VOD looms in Starz's orbit. Peavey, Shannon // Electronic Media;7/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p21
Presents an interview with John Sie, founder and chief executive officer of Starz Encore Group on subscription video on demand (SVOD) in the United States. Discussion of the SVOD model platform; Views on the decline of the rollout of digital cable; Role of digital cables in SVOD proliferation.
- Made in America. Schley, Stewart // Multichannel News;6/28/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p42
Profiles John Sie, CEO of Starz Encore Group. Incidents which led Sie to the Staten Island Orphanage; Educational background; Books that changed the life of Sie; First conversation of Sie with John Malone, president and CEO of Jerrold Electronics; Sentiments of Sie towards China.
- A Career in Cable. // Multichannel News;6/28/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p43
Presents a list of the accomplishments and milestones in the life and career of John Sie, CEO of Starz Encore Group. Migration from China to U.S.; Role in the establishment of Micro-State Electronics; Contribution in the pay television company Showtime Networks Inc.; Achievements while employed...
- John Sie: All the right movies. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;11/24/97, Vol. 127 Issue 48, p28
Profiles John Sie, chief executive officer of cable television network Starz!. Success in turning the company into a cash generating interest; Foray in the first-run movie channel arena; Offer of a gamut of services to customers.