This Just In
- Comcast mum on NBC Uni. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;11/5/2009, Vol. 412 Issue 10, p14
The article reports that Comcast Corp. chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Brian Roberts has promised continued returns to shareholders as he tried to quell fears that a deal with NBC Universal would not be in the interest of investors.
- Comcast's Roberts And the Wearin' Of the Green. // Multichannel News;4/16/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p6
The article reports on Comcast Corp. chairman Brian Roberts, who was seen sporting at the Green Jacket presentation at the Masters.
- Brian Roberts: Stretching Comcast's reach through new technology. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;8/2/93, Vol. 123 Issue 31, p29
Interviews president of Comcast Corp. Brian Roberts. Retransmission-consent regulations with broadcasters; Relationship between cable and broadcasters; NBC Inc.'s three-channel offer; Cable rate regulations; Role of the National Cable Television Association; Comcast Systems; Cable-channel...
- TURMOIL AND TRIUMPH: THE 1990s. // Multichannel News;11/18/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 44, p28
The article discusses major happenings of media and communication services provider Comcast Corp. in the 1990s which includes the joining of Brian Roberts as the chief executive officer (CEO) in 1990, a fire at its headquarters in 1991, and launch of first broadband product Comcast@Home in 1996.
- 50 leaders in the information technology. Andrews, Suzanna; Burrough, Bryan // Vanity Fair;Oct95, Issue 422, p282
Profiles Comcast Corp. president Brian Roberts. Corporate holdings; Career achievements; Personal background.
- The sheltered heir apparent and the price of impatience. Rottenberg, Dan // Family Business;Summer2008, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p18
The author reflects on the problems facing the cable television provider Comcast, founded by Ralph Roberts. He believes that hiring Roberts' son, Brian Roberts, straight from graduation to join the family business subjected the company to vulnerabilities. He believes that the problems facing the...
- You and What Army? // CableFAX Daily;2/10/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p2
Deals with the conflict between Verizon Corp. and Comcast Corp. Criticisms by Comcast CEO Brian Roberts against Verizon's fiber optic services; Claims by Roberts that Verizon would be a 4th-tier video player; Response by Verizon CEO Ivan Seidenberg to Roberts's claims.
- The Ambassador. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Nov2012, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p86
The article discusses security issues at Comcast Corp. and the company's Ambassador program. It highlights the result of a fraud investigation by the Montgomery County Pennsylvania District Attorney's Office involving the company. It says that program was established through the efforts of...
- It's Meet the Press for Comcast Execs. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;7/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p6
Reports on the outcome of the on-the-record briefing held by Comcast Corp. executives for reporters at its headquarters in Pennsylvania in June 2004 to help provide context for future stories involving the company. Remarks from CEO Brian Roberts on the briefing; Forecast given by President Steve...