Sell Adelphia? Maybe Not
- ADELPHIA IN PIECES. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;8/9/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the auction of bankrupt cable operator, Adelphia Communications Corp., in Los Angeles, California. Timetable for the completion of the sale; Decision of the company to entertain offers for individual systems; Plan of the management to maximize return to creditors.
- Quadrangle, UBS Close to Bank Deal. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/28/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p65
Reports on the plan of Adelphia Communications Corp. to select advisers for the possible sale of its cable assets after it filed for bankruptcy in June 2002. Firms that might be hired as advisers of the sale; Failure of Adelphia spokesman Paul Jacobson to comment on the issue; Price-range of...
- Adelphia goes on the auction block. Cortes, Rossie // Caribbean Business;9/30/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 41, p60
Reports on the exclusion of the Puerto Rico-based operation to the sale of the cable system clusters owned by Adelphia Communications Corp. Bankruptcy claim of the telecommunication company; Corporate strategy to increase the number of acquisition bids; Optimism in the sales process based on the...
- Adelphia, Take 3. // CableFAX Daily;9/30/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 190, p1
The article reports on cable company Adelphia's filing of a 3rd amended plan of reorganization with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in New York in relation to its completion of the sale of its assets. Reason for the amended filing is cited. The plan to hold a disclosure hearing is reported.
- Adelphia Moves Spur Sale Speculation. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p29
Reports on the speculations of the sale of Adelphia Communications Corp. in the United States. Amount raised through debt and equity offering by the company; Sale of company preferred stock; Use of the proceeds to pay bank debt.
- Federal judge clears way for sale of Adelphia assets. // Buffalo Law Journal;7/3/2006, Vol. 78 Issue 53, p4
Reports on the support given by Judge Robert Gerber of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York to the plan of Adelphia Communications Corp. to sell its assets to Time Warner Cable and Comcast Corp. Value of the deal; Factor that prompted Adelphia to launch bankruptcy...
- Adelphia Bondholders Feud. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/23/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p35
The article reports on the dispute among Adelphia Communications Corp. bondholders over who is the first to collect proceeds from the pending sale of the cable operator to Time Warner and Comcast. The company asked the bankruptcy court to eliminate $3.5 billion in claims on January 17, 2006. In...
- Adelphia CEO updates investors on sale. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;12/10/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 50, p7
Reports on the update given by Adelphia Communications Corp. CEO William Schleyer to the investors about the uncertain fate and potential sale of the cable operator in the U.S. Option of the company to emerge intact from Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings; Firms interested to buy the business;...
- Adelphia saga stirs Coudersport. Anderson, Kathleen // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/5/2005, Vol. 389 Issue 44, p12
This article reports that some locals in Adelphia Communications' former hometown of Coudersport, Pennsylvania, are a little on edge these days. With the recent prison sentencing of Adelphia founder John Rigas and his son Timothy, the small, rural town nestled in the Allegheny Mountains got...