Net Combos Lead to Cuts, Now or Later
- In the Game. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;3/29/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 13, p8
Reports on the decision of Comcast Corp. to acquire Tech TV from Vulcan Ventures and merge it with videogame/lifestyle network G4. Amount of the Tech TV deal; Effect of the acquisition on the distribution of G4; Number of viewers of Tech TV on an average night.
- Comcast's G4 Buys TechTV. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;3/29/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the merger of TechTV Inc. with Comcast Corporation's video game centric G4. Cost of the sale of TechTV Inc. to Comcast Corp.; Management and operations issues involved in the merger; Advantage of the merger to G4; Response of cable affiliates and advertisers to the merger.
- Comcast completes purchase of Tech TV. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;5/11/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 26, p4
Reports on the acquisition of Tech TV by Comcast Corp. in Hollywood. Terms of the acquisition; Purpose of the acquisition; Emphasis of the acquisition of technology and entertainment.
- Midweek Mergers: November 27. Majithia, Kavit // Capacity Magazine;3/16/2015, p1
Capacity brings you the latest mergers and acquisitions in the wholesale arena. If you have any deals you'd like us to share, please tweet us @capacitymag or email email@example.com.
- COMCAST'S OTHER BIG DEAL. // Television Week;2/16/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p2
Focuses on the acquisition deal between Comcast Corp. and TechTV. Integration plans of Comcast for TechTV and its video game network G4; Potential role of Charles Hirschhorn, president of G4 in the unnamed combined network.
- A French accent in Tinseltown. Streisand, Betsy // U.S. News & World Report;2/11/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 4, p44
Discusses Vivendi Universal. Acquisition of Seagram and Universal Studios by Vivendi in 2000; Success of motion pictures released by the company, including 'American Pie'; Achievements of the company.
- Week in Review. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);05/04/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 18, p24A
Reports developments concerning business enterprises in Long Island, New York as of May 2001. Acquisition of Baker Car and Truck Rental Inc. by Avis Rent A Car System Inc.; Termination of jobs in Arrow Electronic Inc.; Completion of the commercial satellite acquisition by Comtech...
- Late news. Santiago, Raquel; Prizinsky, David; Serres, Christopher; Bullard, Stan // Crain's Cleveland Business;03/06/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p1
Reports developments in the business sector of Cleveland, Ohio as of March 2000. Includes retrenchment of employees at the MetroHealth Medical Center; Acquisition of the Thermoplastics Specialty Products division of Plasticolors Inc. by Lancer Dispersions Inc.; Purchase of Lorain County Title...
- BREAKING . . . // Broadcasting & Cable;5/10/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 19, p2
Presents news briefs on the broadcasting and cable industry in the U.S. as of May 10, 2004. Plan of Fox to launch a cable channel in 2004; Number of TechTV employees laid off due to Comcast's acquisition of TechTV; Retirement of Starz Encore Chairman and CEO John J. Sie.